Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Group - Aces
Not a member for a year :L I'd join had it not been for that one requirement. :[
[Image: QRCjW2pNdRK00.gif]
#Korra2018
(01-13-2012, 05:31 AM)Sam Wrote: Perhaps the 1 year registration is a bit too much. - 500 posts is great and then once that is achieved members should be judged on their own merit. Even have current members suggest new users or vote on accepting new members?

First Name: Sam
Area of Knowledge: Site, Tech, Emotional Support & Web development.
Why would you like to join: I've allways wanted to see a group like this, something quite 'exsclusive' that rewards members being high quality.
In your own words, who are the Aces: Dedicated, mature and responsible members who strive to keep SF a friendly, active and a high quality place.

I think the 1 year is just right. Support Forums has been around for more than double that so it is fitting in my opinion. Anybody can join a forum, contribute a hell of a lot, get over 1,000 posts, etc in under one year. What if they get bored and never come back? If you're still here after a year I can trust you will not abandon the group (or the forums, for that matter) without a good reason.

And yes, all voting on members will be done by other members. Currently it is only me of course, but once everything is set than all members will vote. As said in the OP, their is no "leader" of the group.

(01-13-2012, 05:34 AM)D3xus Wrote: Not a member for a year :L I'd join had it not been for that one requirement. :[
There is still the 500 posts, as well.
I'd like to see this group progress and meet the requirements for official. I'll try my best to get it made official when it's ready.
I'm unsure about the ten people minimum, Sam. Does this mean 10 people in support of the group, willing to join if they had met the requirements but don't? Or 10 people who are eligible to join according to the group's requirements.
It means 10 members you have accepted ready to be added to the group if it becomes official.
I might as well sign up then to get us closer to that 10 member mark.

*First Name: Ace
Area of Knowledge: Graphics, Video Editing, Windows Security, Programming, Windows Customization & Performance, Debugging/Crash Support, Computer Builds, Music, Topped off with a bit of an emotional support insight that I express on the occasional thread.
Why would you like to join: Seems like an interesting idea for a group to me, and i'm one to want to be a part of that.
In your own words, who are the Aces: A leadership group, demonstrating the best possible self motivated support for others on the forum in a respectful, responsible, and professional manner.
(01-13-2012, 07:33 PM)Sam Wrote: It means 10 members you have accepted ready to be added to the group if it becomes official.

Hmm..that will take a while then. I can easily find ten people who fit the 1 year/500 posts requirements, but not ten people who seem fitting for the qualities looked for.

Oh well, there is no rush. Hopefully within a few months there will be enough.
Bumping this up for more exposure.
Hmm, I actually like the 1 Year Membership requirement. It actually gives me a reason to not apply, thanks! I do believe a group like this should be here at SF, but I have a feeling it may become exactly what it's intended to not do. (Become prejudice towards the newer members).
How would it become prejudice to newer members?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Read] Group Information for Applications Omniscient 74 36,212 01-18-2020, 04:03 AM
Last Post: rickhart
  Emotional Helpers Official Group Recruitment BlackChaos 8 2,618 04-16-2014, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Callum
  SF Coders Official Group [Applications: OPEN!] BreShiE 214 64,217 06-20-2012, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Kewlz
  Emotional Helpers [Official Group] -Closed! Sam 260 149,583 05-06-2012, 12:12 AM
Last Post: DAMINKā„¢
  New Group [Contributors] - Recruitment Open Sam 18 4,191 02-24-2012, 09:39 PM
Last Post: ven0m