Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wireless Lan Speed
Hey out there,,I have a Realtek RTL8185 Wireless Lan Utility installed on a desktop running WinXP spk3. The speed always runs between 1.0 Mbps and 11.0 Mbps. I would like to know if there is a safe way of increasing the speed????
Probably not, unless you want to invest in faster access points/wireless nic. Wireless speeds are never as fast as advertised unless you have your pc a meter away from your access point. Especially when there are walls in between.
I would recommend you to buy a new router. Also a new connection card in your computer should fix some problems.
Yeah try updating your router that might improve it slightly.
Try additional wireless access point or repeater.Constructing a secondary WAP requires the ability to feed an ethernet cable from your primary router to the new access point. cost consideration of your secondary WAP is more than your primary router.Then check your internet speed.Check you internet speed at scanmyspeed.com
you should buy belkin or netgrear wireless router it will help you to increase connection speed.
well in mu opinion you have to buy a new router. Also a new connection card in your computer should fix some problems.
Wireless Accessories
Hi,
I think that if you want to increase your Internet speed then you go for a new connection which has more speed, and you can also change the router so that it can support the new speed connection.
Oui
Thanks for information provided!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to make my PC as wireless Router debasishsahu4u 2 1,140 12-25-2019, 11:30 PM
Last Post: rickmartin.gt
  Wireless not working «Ðartz™» 18 4,981 12-25-2019, 11:30 PM
  Setting up 2 Wireless Routers - does it help chuckbytes 2 1,262 12-25-2019, 11:30 PM
  Having trouble with Wireless Internet JMEG 4 1,505 12-25-2019, 11:30 PM
  Lan games and Lan Problem ErocGo0niE 0 467 04-29-2013, 09:37 AM
Last Post: ErocGo0niE