Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Siri on iPhone 3g
Is it possible to get Siri on iPhone 3g if jailbroken?
[Image: image.php]
From my understanding, yes.

I have seen a few things since the iPhone 4S has been released.

The first said a few app developers (I think it was chpwn and rpritchard or something) had managed to decompile the software and get it onto another device. Unfortunately, apple made Siri so it would constantly chat to the Apple servers with a very chatty protocol.

To allow communication, the client had to provide a UID (unique identifier)... I think this was the iPhone's UDID or something. Meaning, you had to own another phone and uses its UID. If one started making a few hundred requests per second... the UID got blacklisted and that iPhone no longer worked.

I read a thing the other day that said someone had figured it out with some sort of proxy. I'll have a look for it now.
Okay, sorry.... the SiriProxy project allows you to add custom commands to Siri.

This has been aimed at developers to add in functionality to their apps. This means, If I made twitter, I could say "Siri, twit 'That AceGuy is a big baby", siri would actually be able to do it!

Anyway, back to the main point. I have a 4S and seriously don't use Siri at all. It becomes a novelty almost immediately.
(01-10-2012, 07:06 PM)Extasey Wrote: From my understanding, yes.

I have seen a few things since the iPhone 4S has been released.

The first said a few app developers (I think it was chpwn and rpritchard or something) had managed to decompile the software and get it onto another device. Unfortunately, apple made Siri so it would constantly chat to the Apple servers with a very chatty protocol.

To allow communication, the client had to provide a UID (unique identifier)... I think this was the iPhone's UDID or something. Meaning, you had to own another phone and uses its UID. If one started making a few hundred requests per second... the UID got blacklisted and that iPhone no longer worked.

I read a thing the other day that said someone had figured it out with some sort of proxy. I'll have a look for it now.
Okay, sorry.... the SiriProxy project allows you to add custom commands to Siri.

This has been aimed at developers to add in functionality to their apps. This means, If I made twitter, I could say "Siri, twit 'That AceGuy is a big baby", siri would actually be able to do it!

Anyway, back to the main point. I have a 4S and seriously don't use Siri at all. It becomes a novelty almost immediately.
Ahh yeah my friend has an iPhone 4s and she never uses Siri.
She once said to Siri "Will you marry me?" and he replied back saying "Sorry my user license agreement does not allow that" haha!
[Image: image.php]
Theres a whole lot of them like that, tbh most people just repeat what they see on youtube for whatever reason!
I do not believe you can with the iPhone3G, but you probably can with the 3GS through a Siri Proxy. It can be dangerous though because your personal information can be easily stolen.
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1we2JoFxMtE[/yt]

Thought i'd just post this here for the fun of it lol.
(02-05-2012, 07:08 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1we2JoFxMtE[/yt]

Thought i'd just post this here for the fun of it lol.

Oh god, that made my day. I needed that, thanks Pirate
Oh, wow, over a freakin phone -_-
That's how I see it XD
A developer, thinker & bliss guy that tries his hardest to enjoy life ~~~
All posts that says its possible is wrong and should delete their posts.
It's misleading and doesn't get anywhere.

It is NOT possible to get Siri on an iPhone 3G
On the 3GS and 4 it is possible.
MCmodels of 8gigabytes iPod 2Gs and below are also not supported.
iPod 3Gs and above does support Siri ports either a GUI port or can be actually used with a siriproxy.
(02-10-2012, 02:57 PM)Grin Wrote: All posts that says its possible is wrong and should delete their posts.
It's misleading and doesn't get anywhere.

It is NOT possible to get Siri on an iPhone 3G
On the 3GS and 4 it is possible.
MCmodels of 8gigabytes iPod 2Gs and below are also not supported.
iPod 3Gs and above does support Siri ports either a GUI port or can be actually used with a siriproxy.

It is technically possible, there's just no real need or desire for anyone to do that sort of thing, so you don't see it, it remains "to be seen".

You could have apps out there in the future though that delete all of your data. Huh

Or perhaps act just like a Keylogger or RAT for retrieving data when you use WiFi for people that do quick online banking?

There's always possibilities, it's just highly unlikely at this point. And since apps get filtered through iTunes from my understanding anyways, it's less likely that a "malicious" one of any sorts would get through.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [TUT] How to get Siri Dictation for iOS 5.0.1 [Cydia] OFWGKTΔ 9 6,821 03-22-2012, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Grin
  Apple - Introducing Siri on iPhone4 sam4 10 2,953 12-19-2011, 07:16 AM
Last Post: OFWGKTΔ