Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I never have anything to talk about.
Make small talk. Ask the others about themselves, and ask question about their statements.

What not to do?
  • Don't ask too many questions, and especially not personal questions.
  • Don't be pushy. If you see that someone is feel bad, and wants time alone, don't force them to tell you what's wrong.
  • Think before you speak - Don't ask awkward questions.

If someone doesn't show interest in you, don't take it personally. If I'm having a hard time communicating with someone, I add them on Facebook or text them, to get to know them better. Then, I feel more comfortable talking to them in person.
A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore.
[Image: aTiq3.png]
(01-13-2012, 10:15 AM)Cronus- Wrote: Make small talk. Ask the others about themselves, and ask question about their statements.

I really hate small talk. It's so pointless.
(01-11-2012, 06:32 AM)SoulCake. Wrote: I do that when I get drunk. I start talking about stupid crap like 16th century Japan, and everyone else is like... That's not what you talk about.

16th century Japan, that is something I would love to talk about. My friends love talking about nonsense. It's fun. More people should do it.
------------------------
Add me on msn. I Would love to meet you.
tmpbbbb@hotmail.com
-------------------------
(01-13-2012, 10:18 AM)SoulCake. Wrote: I really hate small talk. It's so pointless.

You can't go on a 2 hour conversation with someone you barely know. It's pointless for a couple, but it's good new acquaintances.
A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore.
[Image: aTiq3.png]
(01-13-2012, 10:19 AM)Shattering - Wrote: 16th century Japan, that is something I would love to talk about. My friends love talking about nonsense. It's fun. More people should do it.

My friends are all kind of stupid. Ours is a companionship of convenience, not sisterhood. The most enlightening thing I've discussed with them is how cigarettes seem to make everyone have to poop.
(01-13-2012, 10:25 AM)SoulCake. Wrote: My friends are all kind of stupid. Ours is a companionship of convenience, not sisterhood. The most enlightening thing I've discussed with them is how cigarettes seem to make everyone have to poop.

Lol, that's awesome =P. I Love foolish friends.

Past summer, we all acted like we had a robe tied around it and that it got stuck EVERYWHERE. But we did in like everywhere, in the pool, in the bar, in the store, .. People where like DAFUQ?

OT: Why hate smalltalk? It's really helpful sometimes.
------------------------
Add me on msn. I Would love to meet you.
tmpbbbb@hotmail.com
-------------------------
(01-13-2012, 10:28 AM)Shattering - Wrote: Lol, that's awesome =P. I Love foolish friends.

Past summer, we all acted like we had a robe tied around it and that it got stuck EVERYWHERE. But we did in like everywhere, in the pool, in the bar, in the store, .. People where like DAFUQ?

OT: Why hate smalltalk? It's really helpful sometimes.

They're not foolish in a funny way, just too dumb to hold a conversation that doesn't involve poop or drugs.

OT: I hate small talk because it's irritating and bores me. I like non-linear conversations.

An average conversation with a boring small talker goes like this:

Average conversation with my highly interesting older brother:

Conversations about things I don't care about such as weather and what people are doing in that moment are boring and a waste of my time. Completely pointless.
I have conversations like the boring person you're talking about except I ask how their day was.

I see both both conversations pointless to be honest.
(01-13-2012, 01:51 PM)skorch Wrote: I have conversations like the boring person you're talking about except I ask how their day was.

I see both both conversations pointless to be honest.

That's why I generally avoid conversation. People are boring and I worry I'm boring too. My brother is really the only person irl who isn't boring.
People on the internet are interesting.
Let your money talk for you if you can't ;)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm in love with my cousin, but I don't know who to talk to. ccorona5401 2 912 11-11-2015, 02:38 AM
Last Post: marmin
  Should I go? Or try to just talk things out. XBLPET™ 1 612 02-05-2014, 03:47 AM
Last Post: Clark
  I Just Want To Talk BrokenHeart 2 924 03-13-2013, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Dubai
  I need someone to talk to.... Puissant 3 835 11-07-2012, 12:59 AM
Last Post: ven0m
  I need someone to talk to!! masami 9 2,438 07-25-2012, 04:50 AM
Last Post: Release4