Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing ip adress wth comcast
Does anyone know what Comcast asks for when you call them and ask them to change your ip a address? Do they ask for any personal info? Or o they just ask for your ip and then they change it?

I want to change our ip without my parents knowing.
Just change your Mac Address, it's much easier and you don't need to ring the company to do it. But if you want to change your IP Address, yes, they will ask you for details.
(01-09-2012, 12:29 PM)BreShiE Wrote: Just change your Mac Address, it's much easier and you don't need to ring the company to do it. But if you want to change your IP Address, yes, they will ask you for details.

To change your mac adress you need to do the cmd ipconfic/release
ipconfic/renew???

That doesn't work for me. I'm connected to my mom's bf's wifi. I got ip banned from a game.
Take a look at this: http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=security/changemac
(01-09-2012, 12:32 PM)Unify Wrote: To change your mac adress you need to do the cmd ipconfic/release
ipconfic/renew???

That doesn't work for me. I'm connected to my mom's bf's wifi. I got ip banned from a game.

ipconfig /release and renew are to get a new IP from your DHCP client. This will most likely be an internal address, not the IP address you get from your ISP.

If you got banned from a game, you can use a VPN/Proxy to get a new IP or you can wait. Most ISP will give you a new IP address every few days.
------------------------
Add me on msn. I Would love to meet you.
tmpbbbb@hotmail.com
-------------------------
Can't you just hard reset your router?
Hi Chelloa,
I will help you.
If you have static ip address,you will need to contact Comcast.They will need you details like plan name,plan details,personal information,Phone number,Price of you plan.After that you can easily change your ip with a help of internet service provider permission.It's only suitable for your static ip.It's your ip like dynamic,you need not to contact your service provider.Through the modem resetting you will get new ip.After changing your ip you can check your new ip using http://www.ip-details.com/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CentOS 5.8 + Squid 3 - Changing Outoing IP Address Issues 4EVERPROXY 0 990 06-24-2012, 06:51 PM
Last Post: 4EVERPROXY