Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gaming/Rendering Computer on a Budget
Hey guys,
I'm looking to buy a computer (desktop) for two things:

Casual gaming - I just need a computer that will run games like Call of Duty, Counter Strike, Etc.. I don't need to record anything while playing, I record from my PS3.

Video Rendering - I'd also like my PC to be able to render videos out very quickly and upload them quickly as well. I have a 6mb/s upload speed which I feel is a waste with my current PC.

If you could reply with builds and websites from the US to get me pointed in the right direction it would help me a ton! Thanks,
Thomas
You'll need a decent amount of RAM, a good processor, and a good graphics card.

What's your budget? In US then I hear NewEgg is the best to go for.
http://www.newegg.com/
My budget's about $900 but I'd be willing to go slightly over. I'll give that site a look, thanks for the help!
You can get a computer that does all of that very well for less than $900. Definitely buy from NewEgg, but I suggest ordering the pieces individually and building it yourself. You'll have a greater sense of accomplishment, knowledge, and a kickass computer.
(01-07-2012, 07:37 PM)Laugh Wrote: You can get a computer that does all of that very well for less than $900. Definitely buy from NewEgg, but I suggest ordering the pieces individually and building it yourself. You'll have a greater sense of accomplishment, knowledge, and a kickass computer.

Yeah I'll probably end up doing that I think it'd be a ton more fun than just ordering one.
Buy at Newegg. Get at least 8gbs and get the AMD A8, pair it up with a Radeon HD 6XXX card and you will have a beast gaming machine. You might spend $700 at the most. I heard this one has crossfire http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814127584 so it should be easy to pair up with the APU.
[Image: signature___ati_radeon_by_kravicka-d2y2f1x.png]
I was going to make a thread just like this but instead decided to post here seeing how my questions were pretty much answered. We've got an almost identical budget as well. Confused

Thanks Thomas, for making the thread.. We're looking for pretty much the same type of PC, and thanks everyone for the replies to the thread. It helped me out a bit. Oui
[Image: 2112strip.png]
(01-07-2012, 07:47 PM)AMD Wrote: Buy at Newegg. Get at least 8gbs and get the AMD A8, pair it up with a Radeon HD 6XXX card and you will have a beast gaming machine. You might spend $700 at the most. I heard this one has crossfire http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814127584 so it should be easy to pair up with the APU.

You sound like a walking advertisement for AMD lol.. Your name, avatar, signature, and trying to get him to buy all AMD products Tongue.

I'd opt for Intel over AMD for the CPU. AMD do have good graphics cards though so I'd agree with you on going for a Radeon.

Get a i7 2600k processor 2nd gen (it's 3.4ghz, easily overclocked to 4.0 max. I do it for my computer). 1.5gb AMD Radeon HD 6770. Also, atleast 8gb of RAM. I have those specs except the card, I have a slightly better one. (6850+, don't remember).
[Image: xypfOL.png]
Yup Newegg is very nice seller in my opinion.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  $3,000 Compuet Budget. X-SiiZZLE 17 2,863 08-03-2013, 11:44 PM
Last Post: #Skyline
  Desktop for gaming, recording and rendering? focusfrenzy 3 1,117 08-03-2013, 11:44 PM
Last Post: #Skyline
  New build 900$/600£ budget ÜB3R 5 1,716 02-24-2013, 06:55 AM
Last Post: illest