Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8 hours a week
She only wants whats best for you.
(01-04-2012, 09:47 AM)Quizzical Wrote: Just wondering, where do you work? It couldn't be that bad could it? You also mentioned you have been working the same Job for 4 years, in your teens it may have faded over time. It might be a time for a change.

I work at a Pharmacy as a sales clerk. Face the shelves, fill the stock, mop the floors, etc. One of the main reasons I don't want to change job is because I don't think anyone else will let me work that little.
I honestly think all mothers do that, they don't want their son to end up as a 'dead beat' or something like that.
If you're happy with it, keep with it.

I'm in a similar situation as yourself. I just finished school and am now on my summer break waiting for my TAFE results to come back as an industrial electrician. I work 16 hours on weekends at a scrapyard and have occasional shifts during the week.

Staying in and playing online with your friends is just more common than going out with friends like you would have 30 or so years ago. Maybe its the fact that she sees you inside so often is what she is basing her opinions on.

I recommend just get a part time job during the weekdays. Can you honestly tell yourself that you've never been completely freakin bored during the week? Maybe a second job is what you need to keep your mind occupied and your mother happy.
My mother does it also. I'll be playing mw3 all day on my computer, with a THX surround sound system, then she'll come into the room screaming her head of saying i'm wasting my soul/life. I can manage with it since I made 400 dollars for helping build a fence (I gave her half of it for buying me a computer). Anyways, she wants what's best for you. She doesn't want you to waste your time, and only wants you excel to possible retire early. That's what everyone wants, and she possible wants you to get a career, something you love to do!
[Image: xypfOL.png]
Tell her when shes watching to tv that shes wasting her time. Its your time and you need a break. Thus its not wasting time, if your recovering from work.
[Image: signature___ati_radeon_by_kravicka-d2y2f1x.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Girlfriend away for a week *Sad face* Kr4z1 16 6,394 07-28-2011, 06:12 PM
Last Post: Rofl Loves You
  Yin's Weekly Speech: Week 2 (Suicide). Yin 27 4,731 05-25-2010, 09:00 AM
Last Post: BladeCNH