Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GMail new look
I tried to sign in this morning and got the message "Your password was changed 51 days ago" I thought this was quite useful and thought they must of updated something.

So I typed the correct password (It was early) and proceeded, a message popped up asking me to try the "new" look.

Let me just say it's the worst "new" design I've ever seen. I urge you all to decline the "new" look.

I will revert back immediately if possible.
Already reverted and planning on staying like that. Once the new layout becomes mandatory, I'm sure someone will create a plugin to make sure we can stick to the old one.
I'm assuming you agree with me that it is terrible.

I've reverted back, but if you click the settings "cog" in the top right then you can choose settings like "Comfy", choose the last one and it's more bearable.
I don't know what it is with Google, they can never get a good GUI going, I mean take a look at the new YouTube Lol, terrible. They really need the fire the monkeys with typewriters that they have at the moment and hire some coders with computers.
(01-04-2012, 04:56 AM)BreShiE Wrote: I don't know what it is with Google, they can never get a good GUI going, I mean take a look at the new YouTube Lol, terrible. They really need the fire the monkeys with typewriters that they have at the moment and hire some coders with computers.

I actually think the new Youtube is miles better looking than the old one. It's just that you're not used to it.
I haven't seen the new Gmail yet.
(01-04-2012, 04:58 AM)Fragma Wrote: I actually think the new Youtube is miles better looking than the old one. It's just that you're not used to it.
I haven't seen the new Gmail yet.

The basic face of the new YouTube is fine, I quite like that, I just hate the new channel layout.
Alright just tried it. I have to totally disagree with you both. I much prefer it. It looks a hell of a lot cleaner and easier to read/navigate.
(01-04-2012, 05:00 AM)BreShiE Wrote: The basic face of the new YouTube is fine, I quite like that, I just hate the new channel layout.

You're right there. The channel layout doesn't even make sense, it's just stupid.
(01-04-2012, 05:00 AM)Fragma Wrote: Alright just tried it. I have to totally disagree with you both. I much prefer it. It looks a hell of a lot cleaner and easier to read/navigate.
You're right there. The channel layout doesn't even make sense, it's just stupid.

I wish we still had the 2005 YouTube, oh how I miss that. No Vevo, No adds, no bullcrap. Anyway I'm going to stop posting now before Omni warns me for off topic posting again.
(01-04-2012, 05:04 AM)BreShiE Wrote: I wish we still had the 2005 YouTube, oh how I miss that. No Vevo, No adds, no bullcrap. Anyway I'm going to stop posting now before Omni warns me for off topic posting again.
Hey adds are how I make my money! Jokes aside Google's never been real strong on the appearance of their websites but they're still a whole lot better than Facebook with their pointless updates!
I know exactly what you mean. Unfortunately, I was too late. Sad

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GeeMail - Standalone Gmail client. Elektrisk 6 1,321 05-14-2010, 02:27 AM
Last Post: Support
  :( gmail possibly hacked Muzen 20 2,251 12-14-2009, 02:11 PM
Last Post: Muzen
  Gmail Invites Dr Small 12 1,242 10-28-2006, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Dr Small