Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Hello, I'm Yellows
Well hey guys.
My alias is 'Yellows' (Which I'm sure you've noticed by now), but my real name is Michael.
I'm from UT, and just starting out here, everything looks great.
Well, that's all, Tongue. Want to know more? Just ask, Big Grin.
I am actually surprised that you are writing on the left. :O
Are you the real yellows? I doubt it.
Welcome to the forum, it's good your still around even after your 100 post mark. Smile

(01-05-2012, 03:54 PM)iEvolallday Wrote: Are you the real yellows? I doubt it.

What does it matter though? This is a different forum, and lots of people use different names.
Welcome to SF. c: Be sure to read the rules.
PM me if you need anything.
(01-05-2012, 04:15 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: Welcome to the forum, it's good your still around even after your 100 post mark. Smile

What does it matter though? This is a different forum, and lots of people use different names.

Considering he is using the same avatar, and aligning all of his text right side, I would say it matters.
Yes, I am the 'real' Yellows.
It's sad to say I've been reprimanded for posting on the right side on this forum, possibly resulting in me becoming less/un active.
It's a bunch of crap that I can't post on the right side.

EDIT; I've been posting on the right for a long time, it is sad to see the Staff on this site threatening me if I don't post on the left.
It actually really angers me.
(01-05-2012, 04:45 PM)iEvolallday Wrote: Considering he is using the same avatar, and aligning all of his text right side, I would say it matters.

Even if he's trying to copy someone from another forum it's irrelevant because this forum and the one you have in mind are completely different databases and have two completely opposite sets of rules. Even if it did matter, what's the point of him coming here, making posts, and getting the award for "Yellows" on another forum even if he was a different person? He hasn't gotten banned or made a complete fool of himself either, so "Yellows" wouldn't be getting a bad reputation from this possible conspiracy either.

I'm still going with my verdict here, and that would dictate that it doesn't matter.

You're more concerned with comparing him to a similar user on another forum than welcoming him to an entirely different community regardless of who the person is behind his/her username.

(01-05-2012, 04:51 PM)Yellows Wrote: Yes, I am the 'real' Yellows.
It's sad to say I've been reprimanded for posting on the right side on this forum, possibly resulting in me becoming less/un active.

How so though? that it is "a bunch of crap"? The majority of users conform to the same standard, and it resulting in a lesser activity from you is still completely upon your own personal decision. Not whoever confronted you about the alignment issue.

There was a rule about annoying signatures in the rules I believe, so I think the same kind of standard should apply to posts as well. Even though I only personally just questioned why you right aligned your posts. I had no problem with it past that, it's just hard to get used to when you read everything else that is left aligned.
(01-05-2012, 04:51 PM)Yellows Wrote: Yes, I am the 'real' Yellows.

EDIT; I've been posting on the right for a long time, it is sad to see the Staff on this site threatening me if I don't post on the left.
It actually really angers me.

Wait... You got warned for typing on the right? Huh
Didn't someone make a script so that people would stop whining about that?
(01-05-2012, 04:59 PM)Cykn Wrote: Wait... You got warned for typing on the right? Huh
Didn't someone make a script so that people would stop whining about that?

I was PMed by Staff here and was told to stop posting with right align. When I questioned him whether or not it was a rule, he stated it wasn't (Which is true, obviously), yet threatened to revoke my privileges of obtaining the support feather on HF. I've PMed Omni asking if I'm eligible, and he has stated that I'm not. I followed all rules, etc. I fear that the Staff member de-authorized me so that I could not obtain the feather, which is a poor thing to do considering I've not right aligned a single post since his first PM.

Quote:How so though? that it is "a bunch of crap"? The majority of users conform to the same standard, and it resulting in a lesser activity from you is still completely upon your own personal decision. Not whoever confronted you about the alignment issue.

There was a rule about annoying signatures in the rules I believe, so I think the same kind of standard should apply to posts as well. Even though I only personally just questioned why you right aligned your posts. I had no problem with it past that, it's just hard to get used to when you read everything else that is left aligned.

I feel that it is "a bunch of crap" because I don't think Staff should be getting involved with how one types, I feel they have better things to do. Though that reason is small, my main reason is this: I have been contributing to these forums for the short time I've been here, barely two days, and I'm really liking this forum. Right aligning is a habit. For instance, I just now had to remove the right aligning script from my post, I inserted it w/o knowing I even did. The annoying signature rule is referring the pictures, and gifs, generally, I assume; not text.
The Staff that contacted me essentially said that my posts were low quality solely because of where they were posted. We exchanged a couple PMs, and when I feel that I had the 'lead' of the conversation, he decides to stop PMing me. I'm not sure if he stopped because he was fed up, knew he could not rebuke my argument, was sick and tired of PMing, didn't even read the message and got offline or w/e (Tracking isn't enabled? I can't track any PMs), or for another reason, but I feel that is a very stupid reason to 'get onto' a member that might possibly turn out to be a great one.
It's frustrating.

Sorry if the above messages don't make too much sense.
EDIT; Sorry if those are bad points as well, I feel they're decent. I don't want to type up five pages worth.