Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pages not loading?
For the past 2 days, browsing has been a total nightmare for me.
Sometimes pages load, sometimes they don't..

For example, right now, TF is loading fine, and I can browse it without any problems, however Ebay isn't connecting, but I know that in a few minutes it'll connect just fine. This is happening for every single website.

I tried flushing my DNS, I've cleared all browsing data on GC, I've restarted the computer, and in the process ran a CHKDSK scan. I've checked my BT hub settings and everything is in order. This is a problem that's only occurring on my laptop, as other computers in the house are fine.

Sometimes I get "Oops! Google Chrome could not find www.website.com".
Other times I get "Server not found".

I've tried different browsers and still nothing is working...

Anybody know how this can be resolved? It's really getting on my nerves.
http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Run a scan with that, then click "Run Cleaner", tell me if things works after that.
Do you run a proxy or anything? Or just your regular configuration for internet browsing? You could try changing your timeout. But I would also advise checking your driver manager just in case it shows those warning symbols beside any networking devices at the time this happens, and also your event viewer.

Do these pages where it can't find the website happen immediately or do they take time to show you that it's not found the page?
I've ran CCleaner and it did nothing.
I'm not using a Proxy, just regular config for browsing.
Sometimes the pages error immediately, but more often they take a while.
Change your page timeout in seconds to a higher setting and test.
I can't find where to do that on Chrome?
Hmm, apparently you can't do that in chrome, but I know you can in firefox. Try another browser to test, and see if it loads the page or not.
It's actually being alright this morning so I'll try that out if it starts playing up again. Thanks.
Going to sound stupid but given the somewhat severe weather conditions around the UK yesterday and the night before that? It's possible it caused some problem. It's a nice today and now you're ok so far?
(01-04-2012, 03:18 AM)Sam Wrote: Going to sound stupid but given the somewhat severe weather conditions around the UK yesterday and the night before that? It's possible it caused some problem. It's a nice today and now you're ok so far?

That's what I thought but I could use the internet perfectly fine on the PS3 and other laptops around the house, so it must be something to do with my computer.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some sites not loading? Bonkers 15 2,736 09-30-2010, 03:03 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity