Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crack This Code
(01-05-2012, 04:56 AM)BreShiE Wrote: Actually, "allot" is in the English dictionary, so it is a real word. Smile

Also, glad you got it. Even though I practically gave the answer away on TLF, I think, lol.
Reading up about it, it's still grammatically incorrect.

To divide or distribute by share or portion; distribute or parcel out; apportion: to allot the available farmland among the settlers.
To appropriate for a special purpose: to allot money for a park.
To assign as a portion; set apart; dedicate.

Yes I know, allot is to allot an amount to something usually, so it's not the same "a lot" you're thinking about. Even so, you'll find words that never were accepted before, but are now accepted into the english language and changed up because of the way we use words improperly anyway.

"F*ck" for example, it used to be a word only for what it was originally meant to mean.

"Learnt" is another. People's laziness with slang and the way of pronouncing "Learned" had made "Learnt" an accepted variation. (On that note it still comes up with a red underlined error in my Firefox intellisense-like realtime lookup for grammar)

Let's not get off topic now though, so back to the challenge, I actually just typed the word Playfair in google and after a few results I found what I was looking for with the tables and all that, which I organized the letters into.
Yeah, that's not how I solved it the first time. If a no one else attempts this soon I'll just post how I did it then all the leachers can get it.
Jesus Breshie you know how to piss a guy off. How in the world is that leeching? You say it like it is valuable information, I'd probably care if you made it up but:

(01-01-2012, 06:57 PM)BreShiE Wrote: I didn't create the key words etc, I just applied my own text that it gets decoded to. Still uses the same decoding method etc...
Anyone else solve this yet? Or still trying?
(01-06-2012, 07:52 PM)Laugh Wrote: Jesus Breshie you know how to piss a guy off. How in the world is that leeching? You say it like it is valuable information, I'd probably care if you made it up but:

(01-01-2012, 06:57 PM)BreShiE Wrote: I didn't create the key words etc, I just applied my own text that it gets decoded to. Still uses the same decoding method etc...

What I meant by that is the people who've looked at this thread but didn't even attempt it and just left as soon as they looked at it. So if I post how I did it they can all do it. Stop taking everything so seriously all the time.

(01-06-2012, 08:33 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: Anyone else solve this yet? Or still trying?

I doubt anyone else will, I'll post how I did it on the 11th if no one else attempts. Sam did say he was going to try, I don't know what happened there.
Maybe he forgot or he's still working on it? I don't know...