Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Ideas Regarding The Rules
(01-01-2012, 02:16 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: I remember the threads back in the early days about exactly this.
The - rep got removed and it was left at that.
I have never noticed anyone here really care about reps. I have never been asked to rep for rep.
I just dont think it matters at all here. Hell it could go all together for all i care.

lol, well removing the -rep was a step in the proper direction for a forum like this, I would agree on that. Now it just acts as a user-based award system. Because when -rep gets sent out, there's always conflict and disputes, and it usually (sometimes) leads to mass -rep and revenge -rep even if the giver didn't deserve the -rep back. So now what is the point?

Virtually that could have taken away a point from the total on the +rep side, just because someone felt they wanted revenge. Now that number doesn't have an accurate basis of how much rep you've earned and deserved.
(01-01-2012, 02:16 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: I remember the threads back in the early days about exactly this.
The - rep got removed and it was left at that.
I have never noticed anyone here really care about reps. I have never been asked to rep for rep.
I just dont think it matters at all here. Hell it could go all together for all i care.

Exactly, reputation really isn't needed on this forum. It could be used to symbolize the member, but if so as Ace said it could be just faked. Whereas on HF it is used to base how the member is on the forum. The more rep + posts, the more trusted they are, that's why there's so much scamming over there.
(01-01-2012, 02:21 AM)BreShiE Wrote: Exactly, reputation really isn't needed on this forum. It could be used to symbolize the member, but if so as Ace said it could be just faked. Whereas on HF it is used to base how the member is on the forum. The more rep + posts, the more trusted they are, that's why there's so much scamming over there.

If it was used the way it was meant to be used, and especially on a forum like this then it would be fine and good. But we're getting a bit off topic to the first post now Smile
I agree on points one and four, however, often people don't deliberately grave dig, so I wouldn't want the punishment more than a small warning for that. I sent Omniscient a private message earlier today suggesting point one, so hopefully something is done about it.
I created a thread for a reason, I'm sure he doesn't have the time to constantly read PMs.
(01-01-2012, 12:54 AM)BreShiE Wrote: I think there should be a few additions to the rules, just to clear a few things up. As we always know, on every forum there's those 'rules that aren't rules' (Rules that people apply but aren't officially on the list) so I thought they should be added in.

1) No HF discussion. I understand that this site is ran by the same person as HF, but that doesn't mean it should be discussed in every post, I don't think it should be mentioned here, only when it's regarding the feather.

2) Remove the 9th rule, it can't be abused any more as you can only give positive reputations, and if members try to give rep they get the message that it requires 100 posts anyhow.

3) Rule #14 is a bit harsh, I understand what you're trying to get across, as it's all about the quality. But I know people, I even have friends who have bad grammar, and it's not their fault. People with Dyslexia can't really help how they type, and people can feel discouraged with such a rule. Maybe re-word it a bit better?

4) Gravedigging - I think there should be a rule against Gravedigging , I know you've mentioned in other posts that you've (@Omni) never really had a rule against it but I think there should be. It's quite annoying for members to see posts in threads that are like 2 years old.

1. - Even if it is a rule the people who do talk about HF on here are going to do it either way.

3. - Dyslexia doesn't have any effect on typing, plus it is not like your grammar has to be 100% perfect, but if you can't capitalize your I's when they stand alone then you shouldn't be posting.

4. - With a forum with this amount of topics, grave digging is hard not to due, unless it is from a really significant amount of time ago I don't think anything should be done about it.
1. The existing rule is fine enough.
"No illegal posts involving fraud, hacking tutorials or other harmful illegal activity. This includes linking to sites with such content."

2. People can still flame in a positive rep.

3. Won't be changed. Lowering the quality is not a good idea.

4. No. I've never had a gravedigging rule in any forum I've run and I'm not gonna start now.

Quote:It's been mentioned on previous posts that Omni doesn't care about friends repping members here. I agree it can still be abused, but it's not that important on here, unlike the other said site.

And it's not that important to remove either.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(01-01-2012, 02:14 PM)Omniscient Wrote: 1. The existing rule is fine enough.
"No illegal posts involving fraud, hacking tutorials or other harmful illegal activity. This includes linking to sites with such content."

2. People can still flame in a positive rep.

3. Won't be changed. Lowering the quality is not a good idea.

4. No. I've never had a gravedigging rule in any forum I've run and I'm not gonna start now.

And it's not that important to remove either.

That's fair enough. I can't see people flaming in +rep but it could happen.
(01-01-2012, 02:27 PM)BreShiE Wrote: That's fair enough. I can't see people flaming in +rep but it could happen.

I've already seen it happen once.
(01-01-2012, 02:14 PM)Omniscient Wrote: 1. The existing rule is fine enough.

That rule does not cover it all. You strive to make Hack Forums a legal hacking forum..so the only category an HF post will fall under is "hacking tutorials" but you can talk about Hack Forums without linking to a hacking tutorial so the rule does not do what you say it does.

Of course it can still be enforced however you like, but it should be clear to members that it means "No mentioning of Hack Forums."

Sorry if I'm not explaining it well.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Force read rules DAMINK™ 21 5,455 12-27-2019, 02:57 AM
Last Post: Howwikis
  Rules [New Members Please Read] Omniscient 261 145,471 12-23-2019, 02:24 AM
Last Post: Howwikis
  Ideas and Suggestions to Better the Site Hуѕтєяιa X™ 14 2,996 12-18-2011, 02:21 PM
Last Post: ★Cooldude★
  I have 2 ideas Peter L 4 1,166 12-07-2011, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Omniscient
  Add "don't ask for rep" in the rules. Elektrisk 13 5,156 08-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Last Post: AceInfinity