Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Omni question.
This site has a higher posts per thread then 'that one site'.

http://gyazo.com/e77a4f003341b306400a32389624059c
(12-31-2011, 11:38 PM)BreShiE Wrote: This site has a higher posts per thread then 'that one site'.

http://gyazo.com/e77a4f003341b306400a32389624059c

The reason for that is because spammers for the feather don't take the time to create their own threads here, they just post in the existing ones because it's faster.
It would be very interesting to see how many have been banned by spamming/going for the support feather.
(01-01-2012, 12:25 AM).360 Wrote: It would be very interesting to see how many have been banned by spamming/going for the support feather.

http://supportforums.net/bans.php

All the LQP bans are from spammers.
(01-01-2012, 12:37 AM)BreShiE Wrote: http://supportforums.net/bans.php

All the LQP bans are from spammers.

Holy crap that is a lot of spam bots.
Does mybb have a problem with spam bots?
Hell none get past vB and its available mods for such a thing.
I cant remember the last time a bot got through my vb forum.
Anyways bit of topic. (so unlike me)
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

(01-01-2012, 12:45 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: Holy crap that is a lot of spam bots.

Yes there's a massive problem with them. MyBB is such a widely used forum software now, it's a main target with Forum Advertising Bots unfortunately. The ones that manage to get passed now though are the top-of-the-range ones. They cost like $200.
(01-01-2012, 12:45 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: Holy crap that is a lot of spam bots.

I could create a spambot for Vbulletin DAMINK, it's pretty much the same, there's no added security against them just because it's paid software. As breshie said though, MyBB is a developed recognized portion of forum communities today though, there's lots of MyBB forums out there, even though the odd few big forums use Vbulletin, it's not the only one I see.

It's like calling Microsoft complete crap because it's a main target by hackers. Majority uses Windows, so that's what they target.
(01-01-2012, 02:01 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: I could create a spambot for Vbulletin DAMINK,

Cool i would love to see you make one mate. And test my security for spam bots.
xrummer has to be one of the leading tools for spamming. And it targets vbulletin just like it does the rest.
Scrapebox was another one by memory. Being able to protect against them is where i consider the benchmark.
Cant ever stop a user manually spamming up your boards but the automated tools there are ways.

The Rules!

(01-01-2012, 02:07 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: Cool i would love to see you make one mate. And test my security for spam bots.
xrummer has to be one of the leading tools for spamming. And it targets vbulletin just like it does the rest.
Scrapebox was another one by memory. Being able to protect against them is where i consider the benchmark.
Cant ever stop a user manually spamming up your boards but the automated tools there are ways.

Reversely there's always new ways to bypass that security, just like with most other "secure" things though.
(01-01-2012, 02:13 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: Reversely there's always new ways to bypass that security, just like with most other "secure" things though.

Yes i agree for sure mate. Always have to be ready for a new wave of them.
But honestly i have not had a single spam bot in years on my forum.
Sure its not active like here but does hold a pr3 which is what they really search for not bb software.
Dont get me wrong i still get loads of attempted registrations every day.
They just get rejected or fail registration requirements.
The Rules!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Omni, would you? fanta 8 977 12-21-2011, 10:19 AM
Last Post: DaUB3R
  omni The Observer 21 2,311 12-17-2011, 04:55 PM
Last Post: DAMINK™
  Ask Omni a question UrugEci 13 1,547 08-02-2011, 08:32 AM
Last Post: Kewlz
  Question about Omni.. Condoms 4 575 12-22-2010, 03:17 AM
Last Post: Gregarious