Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the status on the HJT Squad?
It looks dead and gone to me. Has it been put on hold for the time being? Or are there active trainees?
They no longer exit on Support Forums.
[Image: Z95Xp.png]
(12-26-2011, 04:06 AM)ρяιη¢є Wrote: They no longer exit on Support Forums.

Exit? Or exist? If they no longer exist, why hasn't the sub-forum been dismantled?
(12-26-2011, 04:40 AM)King Wrote: Exit? Or exist? If they no longer exist, why hasn't the sub-forum been dismantled?

Sorry , I had a typo there and it's ofc exist Tongue and I have no idea on why it isn't been removed by Omniscient yet.
[Image: Z95Xp.png]
It's a shame really. I guess there just was too much going on elsewhere to be able to dedicate the time and effort required to maintain such a group here. Thanks mate.
The HJT squad are no longer a part of SF. However I believe users can post for help, there is just no training etc...
The threads and documents there are for reference use mostly. There's still a lot one can learn by going through the posts there.
Just no leadership for it. Sad but it happens.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
Quote:The threads and documents there are for reference use mostly. There's still a lot one can learn by going through the posts there.

There's that. But there's also the dangers of people trying to teach themselves. A lot of the tools and procedures carried out in any malware removal team can be very harmful if people haven't received one on one guidance in a lot of areas.

Quote:The HJT squad are no longer a part of SF. However I believe users can post for help, there is just no training etc...

If users can freely post logs for help, what is the reply protocol? Can anyone go ahead and instruct anyone to run ComboFix? Or is that kind of discussion disallowed?
I'm not sure, nor am I 100% familiar with the way the HJT squad used to work. - I assume anyone who knows how to help can help.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HJT Team and SF Kewlz 10 2,172 05-31-2012, 10:15 PM
Last Post: ven0m
  Status Updates and Profile Comments? Peter L 17 2,865 03-29-2011, 04:03 AM
Last Post: Peter L
  Greetings, HJT Squad Eve 33 4,429 11-05-2010, 11:16 PM
Last Post: Quintus
  HJT Team + General Cleanup of Computer Security Forum Zurmi 17 3,024 09-29-2010, 05:28 AM
Last Post: N3w_2_H@Ck1n™
  Congratulations to Yin, HJT Squad Leader Eve 48 15,393 08-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Kyuubi