Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best way to learn PHP. Opinions?
(01-09-2012, 10:41 AM)BreShiE Wrote: This is where I started learning from, but from the YouTube playlist rather than the site. TheNewBoston is a great coder, same as the guy who did the YouTube videos (can't remember his name)

Woah, I must have missed that link earlier. I just checked it out and was a little surprised to see 200 videos. Omg

I'm going to bookmark the site, thanks a lot guys for the replies. Smile
[Image: 2112strip.png]
That's a bad mindset. "Oh I'll bookmark it later." I'm sure you have others issues to attend to, but you need to simply start watching the videos. You'll never learn if you keep pushing it off for later. 200 videos will fly by.
(01-10-2012, 01:37 PM)Laugh Wrote: That's a bad mindset. "Oh I'll bookmark it later." I'm sure you have others issues to attend to, but you need to simply start watching the videos. You'll never learn if you keep pushing it off for later. 200 videos will fly by.

Yeah, I was just waking up and browsing the forums so I couldn't just hop onto the site and start watching the videos.

I've started now though, I've made it to #13 so far.. They are very good, I like the way they're teaching at the site, so far at least.
[Image: 2112strip.png]
(01-10-2012, 08:16 PM)Dogbert Wrote: Yeah, I was just waking up and browsing the forums so I couldn't just hop onto the site and start watching the videos.

I've started now though, I've made it to #13 so far.. They are very good, I like the way they're teaching at the site, so far at least.

Keep it up Smile Persistence and determination will allow you to go far in any programming language
(12-25-2011, 04:53 PM)King Wrote: Not sure if you're familiar or not, but there's a guy on YouTube called TheNewBoston. His channel is really excellent and his tutorials are very easy to understand. Have a look at his PHP tutorials, I'm sure you'll learn a fair bit.

Funnily enough, he didn't make the PHP tutorials, but they are probably the best tutorials on that website.

I suggest going through those videos (will take a few weeks for them all).

After that, I suggest just going through the documents at php.net. I use php.net for any and all PHP references I may need.Thumbsup
[Image: idgjkO.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [TUT]Learn to edit and make pics in HTML. SVG coding language. Easy to learn! [TUT] Qua 2 1,227 06-24-2011, 09:42 PM
Last Post: Qua
  [PHP] - PHP White Paper --([-S7N-])-- 1 927 04-13-2010, 09:42 PM
Last Post: SLiM