Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New laptop
Hello,

I have plans to buy a new laptop. But i don't know anything about hardware. I wanna use it to play game's and stuff. which one schould i buy?
I suggest Alienware.. They are very good for gaming etc.
You can find them here,
http://www.alienware.com

Thanks,

OVO™
(12-18-2011, 03:20 PM)Strafeness Wrote: Hello,

I have plans to buy a new laptop. But i don't know anything about hardware. I wanna use it to play game's and stuff. which one schould i buy?

Hey mate,

That's really going to depend on your price range. If you're willing to spend a couple grand on a gaming laptop, hit up the Alienware or Dell XPS range. They're probably the best mainstream brands for gaming. If you're looking for something a little cheaper, you'd be best off going for a desktop, because you simply won't find the desired specifications for much cheaper.
I actually find that my Acer Aspire 5742 can handle most things on reasonable settings and was only like £600, however, you might as well get a desktop, same price but 100x more powerful
(12-18-2011, 03:30 PM)OVO™ Wrote: I suggest Alienware.. They are very good for gaming etc.
You can find them here,
http://www.alienware.com

Thanks,

OVO™

I agree. I love alienware computers. Good for gaming, All my friends have them. HQ graphics.

(12-24-2011, 05:46 AM)Zephoruss Wrote: I agree. I love alienware computers. Good for gaming, All my friends have them. HQ graphics.

I actually dont like alienware, i like my laptop to actually work as a laptop too, id rather buy a PC than an alienware
(12-24-2011, 05:49 AM)thespragg Wrote: I actually dont like alienware, i like my laptop to actually work as a laptop too, id rather buy a PC than an alienware

I love em, Only because i'm a 24/7 gamer haha. If i'm not gaming on Facebook or forums.
(12-24-2011, 05:54 AM)Zephoruss Wrote: I love em, Only because i'm a 24/7 gamer haha. If i'm not gaming on Facebook or forums.

But thats my point, im a 24/7 gamer so i built a gaming PC rather than spend a ridiculous amount on a laptop
It really depends on your price range, how portable you need it to be, and what type of games you plan on playing. If you give a bit more information, picking one out will be heaps easier.
(12-24-2011, 06:01 AM)Cykn Wrote: It really depends on your price range, how portable you need it to be, and what type of games you plan on playing. If you give a bit more information, picking one out will be heaps easier.

Yeah i suppose, for example most $500 laptos will run minecraft and COD4 which technically could be considered gaming but if you're wanting to play skyrim and battlefield 3 you're gonna have to spend like $900-$1500