Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1984 By George Orewell
Just wanted to take a second to ask you guys, have any of you ever read it? I read it once, then asked my teacher if I could do my project on it. Personally I enjoyed it, even though my favorite books were all written by French authors.
I've never even heard of it. Do you mind telling me what it is about?
George Orwell (real name: Eric Blair, an English guy) wrote the book in 1948/49 about 1984. It is a world where the government controls everything, and well, Winston has hope in the proper (proletariats - google it) that they will revolt. I suck at explaining, but it's my favorite book, even though it is dystopian, and good loses versus evil. It's like a warning, expect no super far fetched technology like flying cars lol.

READ IT NAO!!!!

EDIT: forgot to say this, but my friend defined it as "A social critique of an over controlled world"
(12-16-2011, 09:00 PM)Vasily Zaitsev Wrote: George Orwell (real name: Eric Blair, an English guy) wrote the book in 1948/49 about 1984. It is a world where the government controls everything, and well, Winston has hope in the proper (proletariats - google it) that they will revolt. I suck at explaining, but it's my favorite book, even though it is dystopian, and good loses versus evil. It's like a warning, expect no super far fetched technology like flying cars lol.

READ IT NAO!!!!

EDIT: forgot to say this, but my friend defined it as "A social critique of an over controlled world"

Once I have time I will check this book out.

No, you will download the ebook now.

Please? Other than Bleu (yup, his name is blue in French) none of my friends have read it! :p

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  George Jones - While My Guitar Gently Weeps Canoris 0 376 05-11-2012, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Canoris