Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I get a nice tutor?
I have just downloaded VB .net and I wondered if anyone can help me with this program, it seems like it is hard to start off learning this since there is so many options and I would just like help to start off I guess... Any help is appreciated. Smile
(12-14-2011, 08:57 PM)๖ۣۜHacker™ Wrote: I have just downloaded VB .net and I wondered if anyone can help me with this program, it seems like it is hard to start off learning this since there is so many options and I would just like help to start off I guess... Any help is appreciated. Smile

Visual Basic isn't hard to learn. Here, let's create a simple Hello world. Create a new project (windows form), and put a button.
The code for button1 :
Code:
Msgbox("Hello world!")
Forget actually coding at the moment. Just start with experimenting with forms layout and design. Make a form. Put some controls on it. Change the properties. Then, watch some YT tutorials. It's really easy.
Try experimenting what this does:

For your Form1 put in a Textbox and a Button, then double click on the button to open the code. Now put this in between the "Button1_Click" and "End Sub":

Code:
If Textbox1.Text = ("Text Here") Then
MsgBox ("Hello World!")
Else
MsgBox Textbox1.Text
End If

Once you've done that, press F5 and find out what happens when you enter text into the Textbox and click the Button. Big Grin

VB.NET is actually quite easy, but I prefer VB6 so I'm not sure if that code will work or not, I've only used .NET a few times but that does work on VB6.
(12-27-2011, 08:37 PM)BreShiE Wrote: Try experimenting what this does:

For your Form1 put in a Textbox and a Button, then double click on the button to open the code. Now put this in between the "Button1_Click" and "End Sub":

Code:
MsgBox ("Hello World!")
Else
MsgBox Textbox1.Text
End If

Once you've done that, press F5 and find out what happens when you enter text into the Textbox and click the Button. Big Grin

VB.NET is actually quite easy, but I prefer VB6 so I'm not sure if that code will work or not, I've only used .NET a few times but that does work on VB6.

For a .NET equivalent.

Code:
If TextBox1.Text = "Text Here" Then
     MsgBox("Hello World!")
Else
     MsgBox(Textbox1.Text)
End If

Virtually the same. I really just cleaned it up to how I like crap indented. Roflmao
I use to practice by making SMS bombers they are fun to make the outcome is even better. You can search the internet for tutorials.
Title
Title
button is I think all you need.
(12-27-2011, 10:03 AM)Mercury Wrote: Visual Basic isn't hard to learn. Here, let's create a simple Hello world. Create a new project (windows form), and put a button.
The code for button1 :
Code:
Msgbox("Hello world!")

(12-27-2011, 08:37 PM)BreShiE Wrote: Try experimenting what this does:

Code:
MsgBox ("Hello World!")
Else
MsgBox Textbox1.Text
End If

King Wrote:For a .NET equivalent.

Code:
If TextBox1.Text = "Text Here" Then
     MsgBox("Hello World!")
Else
     MsgBox(Textbox1.Text)
End If

Virtually the same. I really just cleaned it up to how I like crap indented. Roflmao

He should be learning the MessageBox.Show() method to get into better habits though.