Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bad to shower very warm water with cold feet
No, it's not harming you. It's probably benefiting you, actually. Do some research into the effects of hot/cold cryotherapy and its benefits.
(12-07-2011, 06:24 PM)intel 4004 Wrote: I have searched over the Internet and couldn't find anything similar to my case. My case is, in winter, I always have cold hands and feet. So every time I take a shower, I feel my feet is burning for a few minutes, then they start to turn red. No pain or other things, but feels great. I though maybe the red is the blood rushing down to my feet. My mom always shout at me after seeing my red feet. She said it will harm me if I do this all the time (taking a hot shower in a long time(25-30min)). Is it harming my feet?

YES! This actually happens to me! After a hot shower one side of my leg (lower half) gets extremely red. I've accounted it to terrible sunburn I got in that spot about 11 months ago which has tanned and apparently never fully healed up.
(01-01-2012, 12:55 AM).360 Wrote: YES! This actually happens to me! After a hot shower one side of my leg (lower half) gets extremely red. I've accounted it to terrible sunburn I got in that spot about 11 months ago which has tanned and apparently never fully healed up.

My feet always stay the same. No colour change.
(01-01-2012, 09:13 PM)intel 4004 Wrote: My feet always stay the same. No colour change.

My feet stay the same as well. I don't think it is anything for you to worry about.
(01-01-2012, 10:00 PM).360 Wrote: My feet stay the same as well. I don't think it is anything for you to worry about.

Ya, but my parent will get worry and start annoying me about taking shower too long.
anyways thanks for helping.
Ehh, I don't think it is harming you in the slightest.
Though, when I am in your situation, it tends to really hurt my feet :X.

I get this too, seems like you have sensitive feet. You can try to apply some kind of lotion to possibly decrease the swelling or inflaming of whatever has happened or go visit a doctor for further help.
Not always, my solution is wear my socks all day even got home after school, then wear a warm slipper.
It's not good for you to take very hot showers at all.
It's not bad for your health, but it can dry your skin and hair out a lot.
Not sure about your feet, I'd assume it's fine.
It may hurt you in later life, I wouldn't be too worried about it though.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Running in cold weather issue... spY[3Mo] 17 2,518 03-21-2011, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Darkside92
  The Cold Stone PB&C Milkshake Fragma 0 699 09-17-2010, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Fragma