Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bad to shower very warm water with cold feet
I have searched over the Internet and couldn't find anything similar to my case. My case is, in winter, I always have cold hands and feet. So every time I take a shower, I feel my feet is burning for a few minutes, then they start to turn red. No pain or other things, but feels great. I though maybe the red is the blood rushing down to my feet. My mom always shout at me after seeing my red feet. She said it will harm me if I do this all the time (taking a hot shower in a long time(25-30min)). Is it harming my feet?
To a certain extent yea it could hurt your feet. But nothing like frostbite. It seems like you could get some sort of nerve damage, very minimal if any.

But try to warm your feet up a bit before getting in the shower or bath. Put socks on throughout the day and occasionally get up and get the blood flowing to them to keep them warmed up.
No, this isn't harming you at all.
It's just the immense change of heat between your feet and the water.
Making you red.
(12-10-2011, 11:24 AM)User Bars Wrote: No, this isn't harming you at all.
It's just the immense change of heat between your feet and the water.
Making you red.

But that fast change is a form of shock, and that could hurt you, maybe nothing you could notice but I believe it would be a small thing not to worry about.
I have bean doing this all my life and I have no problems, you are not suppose to rapidly warm you feat when you have frost bite. Smile
(12-10-2011, 10:23 AM)DoubleRainbow Wrote: To a certain extent yea it could hurt your feet. But nothing like frostbite. It seems like you could get some sort of nerve damage, very minimal if any.

But try to warm your feet up a bit before getting in the shower or bath. Put socks on throughout the day and occasionally get up and get the blood flowing to them to keep them warmed up.

But then when you get old (70). Big problems might rise?
(12-10-2011, 07:33 PM)intel 4004 Wrote: But then when you get old (70). Big problems might rise?

Probably not. I just wouldn't advise it, whenever it happens to me I get sharp pain in my feet so I try to keep them warm during the winter.
All i could think of to add to this is that i have heard, if you change your body temperature from hot to cold or vise versa too much than you will most likely catch a cold. i wouldn't recommend the sudden change in temperature but im sure it wont have any major effect on you.
It could harm you, but it sounds like your feet are just more sensitive.
i get this. sometimes in summer too,

I've noticed my feet are more senstive than they used to be.

For instance i was at the beach the other day with my friends and usually i could take the hot sand, but when i put my fet down it felt like someone was using a blow torch on my feet, it was horrible.

However i canot determie if the two are conected in anyway, i hope not.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Running in cold weather issue... spY[3Mo] 17 2,514 03-21-2011, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Darkside92
  The Cold Stone PB&C Milkshake Fragma 0 696 09-17-2010, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Fragma