Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with Physics question :X
I've tried searching Google but can't find anything for these :x

"Explain how evidence from planetary motion supports the idea that gravity determines the motion of bodies in the Solar System"

"Explain the different energy resources that can be used by satellites and when each type would be used"

Hope I can get help, thanks Pirate.
Regarding the second question.

Solar power, nuclear power, batteries, heat generators

Solar power would be used when the satellites are in direct sight of the sun.
Nuclear, when sun is not visible, or too far way from the sun.
Batteries, same as nuclear.
Heat generators would be charging during specific hours when sun is visible and be used when sun is not visible.

Here is a site where you could probably find some info. http://www.satellites.spacesim.org/engli...index.html

Also found this on the internet somewhere. For the first question.

Code:
Gravity is the force that keeps all the bodies moving in circles (ellipses really) around their central bodies. (Earth around the sun, moon around the Earth, Mars around the sun, Phobos around Mars, etc.)

Consider a ball that you tie to the end of a string, spinning it around in a circle. The ball is kept going around in a circle because the string is pulling on the ball (you in turn are holding the string in place). Gravity is like the string, holding things in circular motion.

It's been 3 years since I took physics so I'm not 100% certain of these answers. I just hope they can steer you in the right direction.
(12-08-2011, 08:49 PM)DoubleRainbow Wrote: Regarding the second question.

Solar power, nuclear power, batteries, heat generators

Solar power would be used when the satellites are in direct sight of the sun.
Nuclear, when sun is not visible, or too far way from the sun.
Batteries, same as nuclear.
Heat generators would be charging during specific hours when sun is visible and be used when sun is not visible.

Here is a site where you could probably find some info. http://www.satellites.spacesim.org/engli...index.html

Also found this on the internet somewhere. For the first question.

Code:
Gravity is the force that keeps all the bodies moving in circles (ellipses really) around their central bodies. (Earth around the sun, moon around the Earth, Mars around the sun, Phobos around Mars, etc.)

Consider a ball that you tie to the end of a string, spinning it around in a circle. The ball is kept going around in a circle because the string is pulling on the ball (you in turn are holding the string in place). Gravity is like the string, holding things in circular motion.

It's been 3 years since I took physics so I'm not 100% certain of these answers. I just hope they can steer you in the right direction.
Ok so you have shared right information...As you are not certain so I will try to search out the answers and share my opinion very soon..
I'm not sure I know the answer to it Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Physics! SniperRiflezzzz 19 3,318 02-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Last Post: Annuit Coeptis