Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blog posting system
Hi, I'm stuck on a school project that urgently needs completion, My question is:

How do I make a blog posting system that matches up to my setup.
I have got a register, that adds to the database. It has no profile, it justs has display user settings. I want to know how to match up a blog posting system to this. My whole plan is to make a thing like Wordpress, Yola and others.

It displays the same page for every user, just with $username not actually configured for them.
Site: http://jackson.brissie.org/
Login with: Username: BetaTester Password: boss123

It means a lot.
Been 8 days, since you made this thread, I go and check your site, and no progress has been made.

It's the first time I'm looking at it, but it looks like what you described.

You don't deserve to be helped.
Well, first you'd need to plan out a sustainable table, you'd need the ID, poster, date, content, title etc...

Then, you'd make a viewpost.php where using get you'd display a post by selecting the data to an array through the ID as a $_GET input and laying it out in your method.

Hope this helps Smile

Also, if you want to display like the top most recent 5, you'd do the same but using a while loop, an ORDER BY Desc query and that formatting the data to your liking.
Like Rainbow said, you will need a table for the posts, probably another table for comments also.

Plan out your tables, insert them into the database, the create forms to input the data to the blog and then a page to output the data in the tables.