Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to choose a career?
(11-28-2011, 10:38 AM)Shutdown™ Wrote: There are a few steps that can be taken.

First of all, we have to identify your interests.
Once your productive interests have been identified, we can take the step of finding out career options .

Good recourse:
http://www.bls.gov/oco/

100% i agree with these words. Oui

[Image: UTLN2.gif]
Make a list of what you like and enjoy, then research jobs pertaining to those things.
You should choose something that you want to do for the rest of your life. Something that you enjoy.
(11-28-2011, 10:43 AM)WTC Wrote: You have to choose something you love. Something that's going to make you treat it everyday like it's your first day.
If you are not going to love what you do then you will just basically be miserable.

^ This. I've seen people pick a career based on how much they were paid and they were completely miserable. If it isn't something that you love to do, you're going to dread going in to work on a daily basis. If it's something you love then that's what you should go for. I had a hard time trying to pick exactly what I was going to school for, so I just combined two of my favorite things (kids and medicine). So think about things that you like, and pick the thing that you like the most. Or combine them like I did.
[Image: HJzrC.png]
Main thing is find something you enjoy doing and do it as a career. For me, it's computers.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Whats your career? mike+holst 14 1,666 06-25-2010, 02:24 PM
Last Post: S1d3 D00r
  Career help. Elektrisk 9 759 10-19-2009, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Acekidd01