Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 7 Ultimate Edition?
Ultimate is better then Professional in my opinion Smile

[Image: UTLN2.gif]
I have a laptop and it is windows home premium, i would love to upgrade to ultimate. But i have no clue how to do it and don't trust any of the youtube videos on it.
Stay with Professional. There are only a few more features with Ultimate.
I have windows 7 Home edition, my dad being a buisness man bought himself a laptop with Ultimate on, and tbh there isn't much difference.
Yeah can someone describe the noticeable difference besides the RAM allowance? I saw the chart but it'd be great if someone could explain it a little more.
Ultimate duh.. Always go for the latest and best version.. Ultimate the name itself states enough.. lol

Windows 8 is more going towards people who dont know advanced computing.. so im sticking with Win 7 Ultimate.
(12-13-2011, 06:03 AM)AlbinoShadow Wrote: Yeah can someone describe the noticeable difference besides the RAM allowance? I saw the chart but it'd be great if someone could explain it a little more.

RAM Allowance? Windows 7 in general allows the same amount I believe.. 32 Gb isn't it? But you really dont need more than 12 Gb.. I have 8
Obviously Ultimate is better, as it has more features. Is it worth buying over Professional though? Probably not.
Professional is good enough for all of your computing needs.

(12-13-2011, 08:36 AM)HecticHydra Wrote: Ultimate duh.. Always go for the latest and best version.. Ultimate the name itself states enough.. lol

Windows 8 is more going towards people who dont know advanced computing.. so im sticking with Win 7 Ultimate.

RAM Allowance? Windows 7 in general allows the same amount I believe.. 32 Gb isn't it? But you really dont need more than 12 Gb.. I have 8

Money doesn't just grow on tree's, so it's not really the "ultimate duh".
The other versions are there for a reason, and generally Ultimate isn't worth it unless you have good enough reasons behind paying the extra money for it.