Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible keylogger on my pc
ive noticed 1 post for "anti keylogging" but its not good from what ive heard, is there any progams to search and remove them, i use spybot and avast pro, will these find them? also im using vista.

also if one of these will it find it what will the infection show up as?

thanks

Mozz.
I would firstly check on my running processes, most keyloggers would be distinguishable by that method, unless it is configured to hide itself. That depends if the keylogger is FUD or not, FUD of course would mean that it would not be detected. I recommend the use of Malwarebytes, it does not only detect keyloggers but other malwares as well. Google it. Also, use KeyScrambler. The best protection that you could ever have is to be careful and smart on the net. That implies using necessary precautions when opening or downloading a file so as not to get infected.
I would advise running malwarebytes on your system, and then using HijackThis too, and also.. Could you post the HijackThis log here so i can analyze it for you.

-Codine
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye
Your programs will find keyloggers that are "Identified".

Your programs will not find keyloggers that are "Unidentified" , or FUD (Fully Undetected).
[Image: wwsigcopy.jpg]
I agree with Paradoxum. Use MBAM it's free.
Check your startup folder. Basic ones are usually dumped in there.
By the way, why do you suspect you have a key logger? You can usually tell if your accounts start getting stolen.

Also, I wouldn't do any important stuff if you do suspect it is there! If you start banking the logger will send those passwords to whomever owns it.
If he/she posts the HiJackThis log for us to analyze then i'm sure we can get things sorted for him/her.
(10-30-2009, 10:52 PM)Codine Wrote: If he/she posts the HiJackThis log for us to analyze then i'm sure we can get things sorted for him/her.

Yup agree totally.
I find its very simple to know. Check your active processes all the time.
Have your firewall notifying you of ALL outbound events.
Check your startup entries all the time and change them to suit.
Scan files daily. And use a sandbox for crying out loud. If your downloading nasties from warez sites or p2p or torrents or whatever then just sandbox it and know first without the possible infection.
Damn i am yet to get infected and hacked. I have had virus get me but never a trojan allowed outbound or a keylogger etc get outbound. But i am very anul about such things.
Be proactive in this regard.
If you check every day your processes then in time you will know if there is something out of place.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

He/she has had just 1 post, so maybe they won't returns. I'm hoping they do tho, as i'm itching to get them fixed.
Yep people dont appreciate that some times the ones that want/can help are not online at the time of post and therefor leave.
Still for the benefit of others i like to post regardless.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM