Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Support for depression?
Wow, that is a very hard life. I really don't have anything that would magically make the pain, memories, and reality melt away, but I will say that you need to find something you like to do. I did read you were addicted to video games, and I know this will probably make me sound close to a no-life, but possibly get in a clan or something. If you have no friends in real life, try it online. Most of the time people are more accepting (as long as you don't go looking for the wrong crowd), and then that could help you build your confidence. It definitely wouldn't help to just 'hope' everything will be okay and that one day it will change. I can understand a bit how you probably feel about being more social, because I'm similar. I'm close to antisocial and I barely go outside at all (unless at school), and I find it extremely hard to go against that, because it's my nature. I really have no real support or ideas on how to get out of that mindset, but I know that talking it out is a good thing. Hopefully the psychologist is doing you some good... And instead of putting on weight/eating more, eat less. Yeah, it's also a negative, but hey: It's better than putting on more weight (and that's what I've done before, and it seems to work nicely).

I also know from experience that 'talking' it out can help a lot also, because I usually have friends that I'm able to vent off emotions/stress, and vice versa. If you have Skype, you can add me on it, because I'm usually on daily. [cyanide256] I actually like helping people and listening to problems often, so it won't bother me with how much you'd probably have to talk about.
Even if the thread below is for suicide, the song at the bottom is inspiring.

http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=15080
IMHO I think you should stop worrying about what other people think of you. Worry about what makes YOU happy. Get a couple friends and that's all you need. As for your dad, well, you don't need him and can find someone better.

Everything is always alright in the end, if it's not alright it's not the end.
Radix From HF

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Artist depression artgirl2015 1 1,452 08-07-2015, 11:15 AM
Last Post: Jolie777
  Lack of hackforums causing me depression. wills 1 625 04-15-2014, 05:18 PM
Last Post: Callum
  [ Tutorial ] Helping someone with their depression + symptoms Clark 3 1,171 02-05-2014, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Clark
  Grades are making my anxiety and depression worse Love 0 618 11-07-2013, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Love
  Really low self-esteem/depression. david563 0 651 11-29-2012, 10:48 PM
Last Post: david563