Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
is sawing/cutting plastic dangerous?
does it contain something that would be toxic if cut open or something?
No, its not toxic if you cut it open. But don't breathe in the powder or contents flicking out.
But also, never ever burn plastic, its very toxic. Just a precaution.
The only way it would be dangerous is if you melted it and breathed the fumes off of it. That would be toxic.
I don't think so, I think if you simply cut it with a saw, no fumes or acid would be released. What kind of object are we talking about though?
[Image: 9b2f1.png]
I'm curious, what exactly are you attempting to do? =P
Yeh I wanna know what your doing haha Tongue
If yyou are afraid of breathing something toxic in, wear a mask or something. With all of the plastic shavings, just scoop them up and put them in the garbage.
Or just tie a rag around your face or something to that effect. I agree with the above posts though. Don't melt it because the fumes can cause serious problems.
The use of water early in the morning is more beneficial for your body,.....its true water diet is useful for weight lose,..
Most modern 'plastics' created today are not toxic in anyway, You may even find a 'non-toxic' label visible somewhere. Although, some 'plastics' can harm when damage - These will not be found inside ANY household appliances or anything without a warning label.

Fun Fact: The first 'plastic' ever made was Bakelite.

I emphasize 'plastic' as the correct term is 'Polymer'.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [youtube] plastic bag DAMINK™ 1 508 09-15-2010, 07:10 AM
Last Post: Dcrac23