Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hiawatha Server
http://www.hiawatha-webserver.org

Someone brought this to my attention. It's a fairly good web server from what I am reading. I'll probably set this up on a test server. Hopefully it will go well and I'll look into running this on a production server.

Love their logo too.
[Image: hiawatha_logo.png]
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
I can't say that i've ever heard of them. Make sure you keep us informed of how things go with it Smile

I agree, that logo is pretty kick ass Big Grin
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

I read about it and played a test server for a little, (Was already set up and configed) It seems very stable, but unsupported.
It looks pretty nice, I wouldn't even consider replacing Apache though.
[Completely Honest. Seriously.]

Protip: Anonymous Reputation Points are for Pussies
Yea i will give it a try on my test server just for the hell of it and i will report back.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Any update on whether it's better than the more popular servers out there, or whether it's worth having a go with?
It should at least say why the webserver is the most advanced and secured, lol.
(11-01-2009, 02:07 AM)iintens Wrote: It looks pretty nice, I wouldn't even consider replacing Apache though.

Well it works well, and i never had an issue with the tests, but then an internal Joomla! doesn't fail that often.

(11-03-2009, 05:26 PM)HaruhiSuzumiya Wrote: It should at least say why the webserver is the most advanced and secured, lol.
Because its so unused no one bothers to use it Tongue /joke

I think it does if you dig a little deeper.
I prefer LiteSpeed tbh. Great for PHP driven sites.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
How did your testing go?