Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Never too old to trick-or-treat?
I haven't done it for.... eight years. I don't get how people can say you're never too old to go dress up and knock on peoples' doors for free candy. I don't even eat candy that much at all, but a good amount of people at my school say it's perfectly normal.

For me personally, I really don't understand how they can say that. I had a more short lived childhood and if people my age are considered young adults, then why the hell do 'young adults' go out dressed up knocking on doors for free candy? I know there's plenty of other 'mature' ways to celebrate the holiday, but it's a huge pet peeve of mine when someone says something that sounds so immature to me.

What do y'all think? Do any of you actually still go and trick-or-treat on Halloween? I honestly think it's ridiculous.
Think of it this way, you'll have a one day pass to be whoever you want to be, behind a mask or not. (:
I think of things differently, & I rarely would ever go Trick-or-Treating, because I live in Australia.
It's true, It's a Tradition.. Your never old, I'm 16 n still go tho I do egg mostly.
I think Halloween in general is a boring and overrated time of the year. It's the most pointless tradition that exists. Might be fun when you're like 10, with your mates, dressed up and getting loads of sweets, but other than that I can't see any reason to even acknowledge it as a special day.

For me it's just like any ordinary day, except I'll buy a bag of sweets in case any kids come knocking on the door, which they rarely do.

I probably sound really miserable now, but I just do not see the point in Halloween at all.
(11-02-2011, 05:53 AM)HecticHydra Wrote: It's true, It's a Tradition.. Your never old, I'm 16 n still go tho I do egg mostly.

I'm fine with that, that's what I'd expect most juveniles to do. Yeah, it's not very 'mature', but it's still fun and everyone does crazy things every once in a while.

(11-02-2011, 06:15 AM)Fragma Wrote: I think Halloween in general is a boring and overrated time of the year. It's the most pointless tradition that exists. Might be fun when you're like 10, with your mates, dressed up and getting loads of sweets, but other than that I can't see any reason to even acknowledge it as a special day.

For me it's just like any ordinary day, except I'll buy a bag of sweets in case any kids come knocking on the door, which they rarely do.

I probably sound really miserable now, but I just do not see the point in Halloween at all.

Same here! The only reason I'd like it is if I were in a haunted house scaring kids to death that dare to come in, but besides that I don't get candy, go outside, or even really acknowledge it as Halloween.

I don't know what it is, but I just can't really believe people would still do it when they're older. It makes me imagine someone in their 30's STILL going up to doors asking for candy, it sounds so immature.
Halloween get more boring every year for me, when I was little, I used to do it. Walk around houses get lollies, you know the drill, but now a days, in Australia, its pretty different. Children get bored, and learn that Halloween isn't for Australia, its more for America.
Cops tell you to go home if your 13+ here..
I havent been trick or treating in many years, nearly a decade, i know some people that are 18-21 yrs old that still do though, thats kinda creepy lol
[Image: Starstrucksig.gif]
I stopped trick-or-treating at 10 I think, I just got bored of it, I'm 18 atm.
Why does everyone have to be a buzz-kill when it comes to trick-or-treating? I trick-or-treat with friends on Halloween and I'm 16. I don't dress up, however. You can never be too old to have fun & for those who worry about their appearance or personality due to them wanting to trick-or-treat, is just pity.
[Image: 9b2f1.png]