Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just noticed something about avatars.
Download random sharingan icon. Resized in PS.
Saved by "Save As" to .png.
Uploaded by a random Estonian host. And it worked perfectly as an avatar.
Trasnparent and all.

Some Info:
If you usually use Photoshop then at this point you may well be thinking "What's this PNG32 thing?". Well basically PNG32 is PNG24 but with support for full alpha transparency. This means you can have varying degrees of transparency for each pixel, whereas GIFs can only have transparency turned on or off for each pixel. Therefore, when placed on complex or ill-matching backgrounds, transparent PNGs will have nice smooth edges.
[Image: Nyan.jpg]
What I've noticed some time ago, is when you upload .png avatars to a MyBB forum, the transparent part will become black.
If you although, upload your .png avatar to a host, such as www.photobucket.com the transparent area is also transparent and not black.
Not sure, if that's the case only for me though Oo
(10-28-2009, 05:58 AM)Warbiest Wrote: What I've noticed some time ago, is when you upload .png avatars to a MyBB forum, the transparent part will become black.
If you although, upload your .png avatar to a host, such as www.photobucket.com the transparent area is also transparent and not black.
Not sure, if that's the case only for me though Oo

That is the same problem Notorious Mental had. If you read the previous page you will see what the problem actually is Smile
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

(10-27-2009, 06:07 PM)Climate Wrote: Download random sharingan icon. Resized in PS.
Saved by "Save As" to .png.
Uploaded by a random Estonian host. And it worked perfectly as an avatar.
Trasnparent and all.

That's because mybb resizes the images and that's where the problem occurs.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
Im good, just use propper progams to rezise it.
[Image: Nyan.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I just noticed that I have hit 100 posts - Support Feather Award? [HELP PLEASE] Cyber-Security 10 2,819 07-12-2011, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Cyber-Security
  New Official Avatars Broken. Shock 1 704 03-05-2011, 09:48 PM
Last Post: iMario
  Personal Image Avatars Omniscient 17 2,751 07-28-2010, 01:00 PM
Last Post: PaNiK
  Add Your Avatars and Signatures Omniscient 17 3,885 10-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Backslash