Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
{suggestion} new forum
I think it would be a good idea to make a forum to post security holes in online software (CMSs, forums, etc.), and the fixes for these holes.
I don't think this would be a very popular section. The Website Development section is sufficient in my opinion.
[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

Go to hackforums.
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
(10-28-2009, 03:46 PM)PaNiK Wrote: Don't you think that would lead to exploiting those flaws?

I think any good thing has the potential to be abused, but if if helps more people than it hurts I think it would be worth it.
seems a little too specific to be a forum sections, maybe a subsection to the Website Development
[Image: izsyo6.jpg]

This doesn't need to be here. This is for support, not posting exploits, if you want exploits/holes in software go to hackforums.net.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
If someone's site is hacked it may be an issue where support is needed. Not only would this section help people who have been victimized, but it will also be proactive in stopping site exploitation.
You guys misunderstand. He wants there to be a place where Site Admins can check for exploits and how to fix them. It is a legitimate topic. If this does become a sub forum I think it should be VERY broad and vague on how to do the exploits and explain in much more detail how to fix the exploit. This way this site isn't a hot spot for hackers.
[Image: izsyo6.jpg]

(10-28-2009, 05:41 PM)uber1337 Wrote: You guys misunderstand. He wants there to be a place where Site Admins can check for exploits and how to fix them. It is a legitimate topic. If this does become a sub forum I think it should be VERY broad and vague on how to do the exploits and explain in much more detail how to fix the exploit. This way this site isn't a hot spot for hackers.

I agree completely. The details of how the exploit works should not be included. Just the basic problem and how to fix it.
It doesn't really matter, this subject doesn't require its own section. If there was a section devoted to this, it would be really dead.
[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestion for this forum Launcher 3 671 07-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Last Post: Sam
  [suggestion] Fashion forum Psychosis 27 5,723 03-23-2011, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Peter L
  [Suggestion] General Software forum Codad Law 15 3,450 03-09-2011, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Codad Law
  Suggestion]HF Award [Suggestion lil weezy baby 20 5,335 11-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Solidus
  [Suggestion] Poster Award [/Suggestion] Sam 16 3,752 10-01-2010, 04:22 AM