Poll: Good TuT?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Very good for beginners! Thanks Smile
100.00%
2 100.00%
Helped me out, but could be better! ;)
0%
0 0%
Not really... *TrollFace*
0%
0 0%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Basics of VB [Part 1]
Don't delete this! I changed this post to part 1 so there is no need in deleting it, it's no longer the same as part 2.

Hey everyone, thought i would make a TUT about VB since i dont see any ;D This tutorial will be 4 different parts; Windows forms Basics, Some advanced WF things, Console application basics, some advanced console app things. So lets get started...

Part 1

[Image: WFA.png]
[Image: SBA.png]
Fisrt we'll start by making a simple web browser. This is simple but pretty neat because, well, you can browse the web with it! ;P

So first we need to make a new windows forms application:

[Image: NewWFAproject.jpg]

Next add 5 buttons & 1 combo box , make it look something like this:

[Image: BrowserLayout.jpg]

now click on the form and change the MaximizeBox property to false:

originally:

should now be:

what that does is makes it to where the user CANNOT maximize the box. The reason we did this is because you cant set the dock of a web browser to fill without it covering all of our other controls up.

now, FINALLY, add a web browser control. Set the dock property of the webbrowser to bottom.

[Image: AddBrowserandDockBottom.jpg]

Now time for......
Coding our Browser

Back button (Named 'NavigateBack'):

Forward Button (Named 'ForwardNavigate'):

Stop Button (Named 'StopNavigate'):

Go Button (Named 'GoNavigate'):

Refresh Button (Named 'RefreshWB'):

WebBrowser:

ComboBox:

If you want to add something a little more 'Advanced' then you can add this:

it will disable the forward and back buttons if it cant go forward or back...and one last thing before you're completely finished, click on the web browser and go to the properties box and change the 'Url' property to google or something so when the user runs the application it will automatically start up a web page instead of a blank page ;P

Everything in the web browser control is really self explanatory. if you have any questions feel free to post/PM/AIM (rogfanboy1)

Sorry if you're lazy but you will actually kinda learn more if you type it instead of C&P...

Ok! Now we're done with our browser...now we're gonna make a simple Notepad Application. This is useful for getting the hang of menu strips (The things that say 'File' 'Edit' 'Format', etc...) Another thread will be posted in a second for the second part due to the image limitations on each thread. I will update the post with the link as soon as it's done! Big Grin
Very nice for beginners, web browser's are always fun to make. Are you gonna be continuing this series?
~ Digital-Punk
(10-15-2011, 03:00 PM)Digital-Punk Wrote: Very nice for beginners, web browser's are always fun to make. Are you gonna be continuing this series?

I plan on it yes. It took me probably a week to do these because of all the GIFs I have on there, lol. I will try my best too though! Big Grin
(10-15-2011, 03:25 PM)SomeWhiteGuy Wrote: I plan on it yes. It took me probably a week to do these because of all the GIFs I have on there, lol. I will try my best too though! Big Grin

I wouldnt really use any animated gifs, probably just one to show the final result. Other than that good job, hope to see the whole series.
~ Digital-Punk
Must have spent awhile on the thread images, props to you. Great tutorial, do you plan on making a multi-function web browser?
[Image: 2.png]
Very nice tutorial because after this month i am going to start learning VB and this will be helpful for me Smile
(10-16-2011, 01:36 AM)alabama Wrote: Must have spent awhile on the thread images, props to you. Great tutorial, do you plan on making a multi-function web browser?

Yes i do when i get to the advanced part. One that suggests websites based on your history and it will use the gecko engine.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VB.Net Make a Real AntiVirus (AV) - Part 1 goranpilkic 27 28,513 08-25-2014, 12:43 AM
Last Post: dark_move
  [video]Make a theme in three part HF~Legend 1 890 12-07-2011, 08:40 AM
Last Post: thespragg
  The Basics of VB [Part 2] SomeWhiteGuy? 5 1,995 10-25-2011, 10:47 AM
Last Post: SomeWhiteGuy?
  Visual Basics Online Protection[2008] DeHaterZ 14 3,768 12-12-2010, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Money
  [TuToRiAl] How to Get/Edit the value of a key in the Registry (Part 2) Resistance 0 736 10-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Last Post: Resistance