Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
First ever PC owned
I find that using a diskette still holds some satisfaction. Hearing the noise when you insert it and then from loading/reading it. Big Grin Nothing can beat that. USB is too silent. ;) You had a game released by Nashua in which your aim was to collect diskettes. Or what about the early Duke Nukem's ? That's it, I am going to download the games and DOSBox. Big Grin BTW could you VM MS-DOS ?
my first pc was when i was 13,im using it at the moment Big Grin
configuration 256mb RAM,40GB,intel 845gv IGP,mATX.
I can't remember the specs of it... it was an old PC running Windows 98... then i had the old family computer which had XP....
1st pc was a macintosh classic. I upgraded it, so it's stats are amazing!

A whopping 1mb of RAM
20mb of disk space, WOW!
8K processor, INCREDIBLE!

It's crap now compared to my mac mini
[Image: ZOuHf.png]
Red Bull Racing
(11-22-2009, 03:08 PM)R0ll3r Wrote: 1st pc was a macintosh classic. I upgraded it, so it's stats are amazing!

A whopping 1mb of RAM
20mb of disk space, WOW!
8K processor, INCREDIBLE!

It's crap now compared to my mac mini

But your first pc is authentic ;) Big Grin
(11-19-2009, 03:53 AM)Guerreiro Wrote: I find that using a diskette still holds some satisfaction. Hearing the noise when you insert it and then from loading/reading it. Big Grin Nothing can beat that. USB is too silent. ;) You had a game released by Nashua in which your aim was to collect diskettes. Or what about the early Duke Nukem's ? That's it, I am going to download the games and DOSBox. Big Grin BTW could you VM MS-DOS ?

Yes, that little click when you first insert it and release it is quite a satifying sound.

Regarding VM MS-DOS, it says on this page that DOS version 7, which I haven't got, (v 6.0), can be run in a virtual machine.

http://ms-dos7.hit.bg/

'Note about virtual machines: MS-DOS 7.10 Full Version works smoothly in a virtual machine (e.g. Virtual PC, VMWare Workstation and even Bochs)
as well as in a real machine. So you can also install it in virtual machines.'

Yes Duke Nukem. I got the trial for that with a games CD that came with a magazine, but when I saw it at a store, I bought it, as it was on offer..
I did like that game, although it seems pretty crude now compared to the standards of ganes today.

Anybody heard of these games:

Heavy Metal Fakk 2? - Nice 1st person 3D swordfest.
Rise of the triad? - Another 1st person 3D game, but can't recall it so well.
[Image: SF1d.gif]

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
------------------------------------------------------------------
Rise of the Triad, wow.. You also had Rise of the Robots. One Must Fall 2097, ODT, Commander Keen, Lemmings, Push!, Skyroads, Krypton Egg, Bananoid, I could go on for a while now I notice.. Tongue
(11-23-2009, 03:24 AM)Guerreiro Wrote: Rise of the Triad, wow.. You also had Rise of the Robots. One Must Fall 2097, ODT, Commander Keen, Lemmings, Push!, Skyroads, Krypton Egg, Bananoid, I could go on for a while now I notice.. Tongue

Hehe - And Carmageddon, which I really liked...;)
[Image: SF1d.gif]

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
------------------------------------------------------------------
(10-31-2009, 09:53 AM)Omniscient Wrote: I had a Timex Sinclair 1000 with the added ram 16k (yes that's K) and a cassette drive. We bought it at J&R in NYC and I was very excited. I was about 11 years old.

The creator of Witza..
At the top will be the same place you hang from.
Couldn't tell you the brand as I was so young but it had Windows v3.1 on it. I used to play Oregon Trail on it.
[Image: Uhriventis.gif]