Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound Engineering
So, I am enrolled in a sound engineering class. So far we have just learned the history of recording equipment and microphones, but last class we actually started to learn stuff in protools. Does anyone have any tips on something I should know? Also, my teacher is getting us all school prices on protools which is quiet a bit off the normal price. Yeye
I suggest watching/reading tutorials and taking notes. Also bookmark those that interest you in case you need them later on.
If you're really into sound engineering then you should be doing stuff in your spare time, and not only at your classes.

Taking notes will be my main bit of advice though. I always have a scrap bit of paper lying around when I'm at my classes, just in case I need to jot something down. I study animation & illustration, so whenever I hear an animator or illustrators name crop up, I'll always take note and then do some research on them when I get home. Same goes for software, websites, tips, tricks, etc...
Read and watch alot of tutorials like Fragma has stated. Take side notes and try and take In as much as you possibly can. Store some of It away for future use.
Take lots of notes & practice.
You should be fine.
What exactly is "Sound Engineering?"
Sounds interesting..

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sound Editing Progam crovaxND0 13 2,185 01-06-2012, 12:44 PM
Last Post: Pikachu