Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK Grime | What's Your Opinion?
For all those who don't know what Grime is: "Grime is typified by complex 2-step, 4X4, breakbeats, generally around 140 beats per minute and constructed from different Synth and String sounds.[1] Stylistically, grime draws on many genres including UK Garage, dancehall, hip hop.[2] The lyrics and music combine futuristic electronic elements and dark, guttural bass lines."
(see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grime_(music) )

Here are some examples:

I honestly love Grime, I can listen to it 24/7, but I want your opinions.
54 views and not a single reply? Are you serious?

Oh I know why, you're all still listening to it! Big Grin Haha Hehe
Meh, prefer dubstep if I'm honest - and even then it's the minimal stuff. best played over a sub-heavy rig IMO
Grime & Dubstep are nothing alike, although there's a mixture of the two - Grimestep.

Started by P Money, search youtube for 'P Money - Bass Cannon'.
Grime & Dubstep were mixed together before Bass Cannon came out lol.
Would be alright but the first clip wrecks the genre.
(10-09-2011, 08:30 PM)Two Wrote: Would be alright but the first clip wrecks the genre.

JME wrecks the genre? Are you joking? He's one of the only grime artists to have not sold out yet.. He along with BBK are keeping the grime scene alive.
(10-10-2011, 02:46 AM)Fragma Wrote: JME wrecks the genre? Are you joking? He's one of the only grime artists to have not sold out yet.. He along with BBK are keeping the grime scene alive.

Exactly, people don't see the spark in JME, but he's a genius, not just with lyrics.

This deserved a bump.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Grime Thread Pass Candy 10 1,545 09-01-2011, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Pass Candy
  The UK Grime scene Swift Swim 1 693 12-30-2010, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Xander