Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grammar
How would i go about to improve my grammar? Im good in other things such as spelling, but not in grammar. My high school teacher doesn't teach us grammar. Its fudged. I hate my school.
I'd like to get some better grammar as well... Any ideas?
(09-22-2011, 10:13 AM)яeborn Wrote: I'd like to get some better grammar as well... Any ideas?

Thanks for your post.

I wish my school offered it, as it wouldn't be so bad. Where i live, everyone says
"I aint got candy"
and stuff like that. I try not to, but i sometimes pick it up.
I suggest reading books, and looking up words you don't know in the dictionary from reading. Most people don't think reading a book is all that important, but from reading, you learn much things that help your every day life. Grammar would be one of the first things it helps.
(09-23-2011, 12:30 PM)xSicKxSkiLLs Wrote: I suggest reading books, and looking up words you don't know in the dictionary from reading. Most people don't think reading a book is all that important, but from reading, you learn much things that help your every day life. Grammar would be one of the first things it helps.

Make sense, anyway. I formatted my computer, and now I got everything in english, such as MSN, Google Chrome, Windows etc. A little early to tell, but it might help Smile
I learned English by reading posts from sites and books.

I'd suggest taking some extra help classes with your English teacher and by picking up a good book at the library.
I'd go with a Harry Potter book or the Hunger Games Big Grin
[Image: QRCjW2pNdRK00.gif]
#Korra2018
Aren't you supposed to learn grammar in like 2nd grade?
(09-29-2011, 04:35 PM)iRun Wrote: Aren't you supposed to learn grammar in like 2nd grade?
True, but it depends on where you're taught and by whom you're taught. In Alaska, we could be taught to read Mark Twain in kindergarten whereas High Schoolers in California would still be reading Dr. Suess. >.>
[Image: QRCjW2pNdRK00.gif]
#Korra2018
Are you in school? If not, believe it or not, being on HF and forums promoting the use of proper grammar, really helps.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Grammar Help Red 5 1,471 05-27-2010, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Buffy