Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
000webhost Custom Error Pages Tutorial
FAQ: Are these allowed? Yes, 000webhost even says it themselves.

What you'll need:

000webhosting account

Step 1. Login to your account. http://members.000webhost.com/login.php

Step 2. Click "go to cpanel" [Image: 8mIPv.png]

Step 3. Click "File Manager" [Image: zJRSf.png]

Step 4. Find the .htaccess file and click edit [Image: Lg0Uz.png]

Step 5. Paste this in
Code:
ErrorDocument 400 /error.php
ErrorDocument 401 /error.php
ErrorDocument 403 /error.php
ErrorDocument 404 /error.php
ErrorDocument 500 /error.php

and then click "save"

[Image: 5dq41.png]

Step 6. Create a new file called "error.php"
[Image: z0eRS.png]

[Image: 03j9L.png]

Step 7. Go to a false directory/file on your site and see if it shows your error page. Ex, yoursite.com/943u230jri3mgfi3m

Tutorial 100% by alabama.
Questions? Post and you shall receive answers!
[Image: 2.png]
Really nice and simplex tutorial (I'm not even sure if that's a word lol, it sounds contradicting because of the combination of complex and simple in there, but oh well). I have this on my forum actually, but I never did much to what they display for the user, and we don't use 000webhost. KoBE takes care of most of all that.
Nice really nice sharing mate. When I ever got this error then I will try this out.
(09-14-2011, 01:45 AM)spicylips Wrote: Nice really nice sharing mate. When I ever got this error then I will try this out.

You don't get the error, you make the error, I'd suggest reading the threads first, because it shows that you don't currently, and i'm expecting a ban for you soon if you don't shape your posts up a bit.
I remember doing this back when I had a site going on 000webhost. I loved using this hosting provider. It's still a good tutorial alabama.
Wouldn't this work on any hosting, not just 000webhost?
Will this custom page work on any other ones like x10hosting? This is a good idea to be honest. especially when your editing your forum you can make it say ' Maintenance in Progress' or whatever! Next time i use web host i'll try this out for sure.
(09-19-2011, 10:13 AM)Minecraft Wrote: Will this custom page work on any other ones like x10hosting? This is a good idea to be honest. especially when your editing your forum you can make it say ' Maintenance in Progress' or whatever! Next time i use web host i'll try this out for sure.

Any website that uses http requests (meaning all of them). As long as you have .htaccess file access.
Wow this tutorial was made quite nicely. Thanks and keep it up.
lol, I don't really see the point in this, but it's a nice tutorial.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to track bandwidth for specific files and pages? dipped9900 1 607 07-14-2012, 05:25 PM
Last Post: 'Snorlax
  ...:::[TUTORIAL].htaccess - A way to keep secure[TUTORIAL]::... Sam 12 2,110 03-11-2011, 03:45 AM
Last Post: KillaMuvZ
  Custom Error Pages, Brainless Control 7 1,510 10-24-2009, 03:54 AM
Last Post: Extasey