Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think I have ADHD? PLEASE HELP.
Please don't troll, this is 100% serious and I need help. I would post on support forums, but I cbf to make an account as it'll take like 5 - 10 minutes.

ANYWAY! I find it VERY hard to concentrate in school, like, I will be paying attention at one point, then wander off and day dream for a VERY long time.. Like, probably every 20 minutes in class, I day dream for 15 minutes. So 3/4 of the time I just wander off/day dream. I also hate to sit still for a long time, crap like that. I took a test online too, (online isn't the greatest I know), but it had about 40 questions, and I answered every one correctly and I scored a 76 or something, and they said I should seek medical help.

What would happen if I had ADHD? Would I need a freakin therapist? I don't want a therapist. They can suck a dick. Or would I just get like ritalin or something prescribed? Also, how should I go about approaching my mom with it? Whenever I tell her she's like "You don't have ADHD." which, she doesn't know crap because I rarely talk to her. She just thinks I'm kidding or something.

Anyway, not sure if this matters, but, I'm about 5'7" or so, and weigh 115. So i'm not over weight at all. (Yes, I'm short, but meh.)

Please, serious answers ONLY!

EDIT: Also, I have been like this for years, it's not something new that I noticed a couple days ago or anything
This is probably a troll, but you should see a doctor if this is not a troll. We can't prescribe you narcotics here as we are not licensed doctors/physiatrist.
[Image: blazin.gif]
You understand what ADHD is? Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. You haven't mentioned anything about being hyper active.
ADHD is generally what a lot of children have, whereas ADD is more found in adults/teenagers.

The way you deal with it is totally up to you. If you think it's affecting your studies, then yeh go and seek some advice, otherwise you don't have to do anything at all. Depending on how serious your condition is, you may or may not need medication.

I have ADD. I was seeking advice for other difficulties in my life, and from that I was diagnosed with having ADD. It didn't change anything. I don't talk to therapists or anything like that, and I don't take any medication. For me, it's really not a big deal. It can be a bit hard to concentrate on my studies at times, but I just get on with it and try my best.

It's totally up to you how you deal with this. ADD is very very common. It's nothing to worry about.
Why would I type all of that out to troll? This is serious. But okay, it's just, my mom doesn't take me seriously when I tell her.. should I say something like "I want to see a doctor, because I think I have ADHD, I'm not kidding." Or some crap? Because I always tell her I think I have ADHD, and she doesn't listen.
Oh, okay. I guess I might have ADD then? I don't know the difference. I just find it almost IMPOSSIBLE to like, pay attention in class or something like that. Like, it's not just a minor thing.
Everyone automatically assumes they have ADHD or ADD ... they always use it as a scapegoat.. Trust me, you dont have it.
(09-13-2011, 03:21 PM)spikebites Wrote: Everyone automatically assumes they have ADHD or ADD ... they always use it as a scapegoat.. Trust me, you dont have it.

That's total rubbish. You don't know him, so how can you tell him that he doesn't have it? It's not uncommon...
There are thousands of people diagnosed with ADD/ADHD every year in England alone.
You don't get any special treatment for having ADD/ADHD so why on earth would anybody use it as a scapegoat?
Smoke some weed, and rid yourself of that ADHD lol.
[Image: blazin.gif]
Don't street yourself too much about it. It won't be the end of the world. If you feel you need urgent help with it though, seek a doctor. There are medicines that helps you control ADHD.
Hey man don't worry about. See how the next couple of weeks go and if this continues talk to a doctor about it and you could probably get some pills.
[Image: swaganomics.png]
You just day dream a lot, same crap happens to me. Today I wandered around the the store for 20 minutes, searching for something what I passed like 15 times. After some time I stopped and asked myself, what am I looking for lol. Just try to concentrate more.