Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick & Easy Methods to expand your gaming forum.
YouTube Thumbs Up

Comment on a popular video saying "yourwebsite(dot)com. We are a proffesional gaming community. We have great forums full of the latest gaming news/tutorials and alot more cool stuff. We have an active shoutbox so you can talk/get to know new great people and get into games with them. We help get people into teams of 6 because when we run a team of 6, we dominate! So come check us out at yoursite(dot)com." Then get the link from the video and ask people to thumbs up it in the shoutbox. The thinking behind this is if you get the most thumbs up then it will be put at the top so more people can see it. It can also be used as advertisment if it doesn't get the most thumbs up.

Other Forums

Go on to other sites and make a post. Avoid saying the website anywhere because the post will be deleted, you will be banned and bad reputation will be given for it. For example; "Hey, I'm ******. I play all the time with my friends and we almost never lose. We're looking for some more people to play with so message me up via PM or by XBL msg. My GT is *******. . I am always willing for new people to help us out and for us to help in return. Thanks "
Then the idea is you can gather a load of gamertags and send them all a message telling them about the site.

XBL Mass Msgs

The aim of this is to go into games and message all recent players. Play two or three games and then back out and send them all a message like:
"Hey you look like a good player. U interestd in joining my community called _____________. We have some really beast players that win ever game. We also have weekly tournaments with prizes. If ur interested just join yourwebsite.com ."

Or you could take a more personal approach and say:
"Hey you're a good player. Would you be interested in joining yoursite? All you have to do to join is sign up at www.yoursite.com."
Then if they message back wanting more info about it then you go into more detail like above. Try to stick with these guys that send you a message though. If you send them a message back and thouh dont reply, message them again and say "Are you still interested in the community?" or otherwise worded.

Remember, recruiting is so easy and makes a huge difference to the community. Recruiting and gaming come hand in hand for you. The more recruits you get, the more potential users you get. Say we had 6 people that manage to get 1 recruit a day, then thats an extra 42 recruits! and 2 a day would be 84 recruits! With that many extra recruits, think of how easy lobbies/events would be to get going. More lobbies/events means more interest and even if only 20 out of that 84+ sees something they like and come back for more, then thats an achievment. If you get this going and everyone puts effort into this, then you will grow week after week getting more and more active members and more and more lobbies going. Its a like a rolling ball, once it gets rolling it wont take much effort to keep going.
Very Nice thread has a ggoooood setup Big Grin
(09-10-2011, 05:08 PM)Correct Wrote: Very Nice thread has a ggoooood setup Big Grin

Thanks man, glad you liked it.
I actually have a small interest in starting a gaming forum. Thank you for this simple guide!
Really? Glad you liked it let me know when you start up your forum.
That's just going to get you banned from all three services. Your better off just creating something unique and promoting it on facebook or through affiliate links.
not always onlock, you can easily recreate accounts.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quick Ways to bring your forum back to life Terrorz 10 1,144 12-25-2011, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Alside