Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
College essay?
I'm going to college next year and I need to write an essay. How do I write it? Is there any formats?
Thanks
If you're going to college then you should know the format of an essay by now if college is only a year away. Some professors expect their own specific format, so you'll never know, but I suggest asking them on how they would like things done when you get there. No sense worrying about it now.
There is no professors. Its just an essay that is going to sent to different colleges.
Then there's no real format expected unless instructions are sent with the papers, and if that's the case, you won't find out until then. You'd write in standard essay format like you've learned.
Any tips on how to get started?
What kind of tips? You haven't learned how to write an essay? or you're asking me on any tips to write a decent essay?
Most likely they will ask you to use MLA format.
http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/747/01/
[Image: swaganomics.png]
There are a lot to say if its going to talk about myself (mostly related to school). Do I start off talking how I did in 8th grade or even earlier?
(09-09-2011, 07:12 PM)intel 4004 Wrote: There are a lot to say if its going to talk about myself (mostly related to school). Do I start off talking how I did in 8th grade or even earlier?

If I were you I wouldn't even use time periods, I would use maturity as a topic, and how you've grown up and gained more knowledge over the years. Talk about maybe your future goals, and how they have changed over the years from being something that was only possible to you (for example a kid growing up thinking he's going to fight off crime if that was you as you were younger) to someone wanting to be an engineer.

Lots of choices, just don't make a boring self documentary based on a timeline of events itself.
I an immagrant in US, is it a good idea to talk about my experiences on getting into US?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Essay Writing Help classic writer 7 2,398 04-01-2020, 12:07 PM
Last Post: johansmith688
  Essay writing tips to write a better essay petermartinez 3 1,474 06-17-2018, 10:55 PM
Last Post: JoseSheehan
  I would like to offer my essay writing support JamesPeter 0 827 07-29-2015, 12:13 AM
Last Post: JamesPeter
  Need help to choose a theme for my essay Seether 27 6,869 12-02-2014, 04:16 AM
Last Post: patriciarhodes
  Anyone want to do my essay?? xTiNgUiSh 5 1,660 12-05-2013, 10:53 PM
Last Post: elizabeth35