Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spotify
I don't see the significance of Spotify compared to like Pandora or Last.fm, but I would suggest listening to some Starfucker if you're into soft indie rock.
(10-02-2011, 03:30 AM)Infested Terran Wrote: I don't see the significance of Spotify compared to like Pandora or Last.fm, but I would suggest listening to some Starfucker if you're into soft indie rock.

I've never used Pandora before but after reading up on it, it seems to be very different to Spotify.
Spotify doesn't play music that it thinks you'll like. It's just a huge music library with hundreds of thousands of songs that you can listen to for free. You search for a song you want, Spotify will find it, and you can listen to it, simple as. You can then drag the song into a playlist so you don't have to search for it again.
Basically like iTunes except you don't need to download the music you want to listen to.

Also Pandora is only for people living in the US, whereas Spotify can be used by pretty much anyone anywhere.
(10-01-2011, 04:01 AM)Fragma Wrote: I can't believe how many people don't know about Spotify yet. It's died out here in England, after like a year or 2 of being popular.

I've never heard of it, ever, lol. When was it 'popular' ?

Usually I here about things from my friends talking about them but I've never heard on Spotify.
(10-02-2011, 07:57 AM)BreShiE Wrote: I've never heard of it, ever, lol. When was it 'popular' ?

Usually I here about things from my friends talking about them but I've never heard on Spotify.

Where are you from? In England it's been popular for around 2 years now.
(10-02-2011, 08:04 AM)Fragma Wrote: Where are you from? In England it's been popular for around 2 years now.

I am from England lol, Lincolnshire. But I've never heard of it? Confused
Weird.. It's been around ages. Loads of my mates use it as well as lots of my family. It's been advertised quite a lot on the radio, and various websites. When it first came out people were talking about it like it was the next big thing.
(10-02-2011, 09:02 AM)Fragma Wrote: Weird.. It's been around ages. Loads of my mates use it as well as lots of my family. It's been advertised quite a lot on the radio, and various websites. When it first came out people were talking about it like it was the next big thing.

Oh I see, I may give it a try then, it sounds interesting. Well I would of tried it but unfortunately there's not a Linux version.

I can't believe I haven't heard from it. Confused
It's hard to believe some of you guys never heard of that or pandora lol.
Yeah, it's old in england, but I would never go back to listening to music on iTunes when I have this. I still use pandora for finding new music that I like, and it's been around for like 5 years.
Skrillex, the kooks, showtek, biggie smalls, 2 pac, snoop, eminem.
(10-02-2011, 02:42 AM)Fragma Wrote: Hardly anyone uses it any more, or at least in England they don't. 2 years ago it was amazing and everyone had it, but these days people have moved back onto good old iTunes.

Really? I have itunes, but spotify sells good on HF still.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spotify Playlist Bat Wang 0 479 10-01-2012, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Bat Wang
  Spotify. DeathxXxAwaits 7 1,346 08-12-2011, 10:50 PM
Last Post: DeathxXxAwaits
  Spotify to the U.S! Launcher 7 1,353 08-05-2011, 04:18 PM
Last Post: Bяian ♪