Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
To New Members: Why You Shouldn't Spam.
Hello, new members of SF.
I'm BreShiE and today I'm going to be telling you why you shouldn't spam your way to the support feather!

Okay, let me say a few things first. I came to this forum with the intentions of only coming for the support feather, but after around my 64th post, I realized that this is actually indeed a great forum. So it annoys me to see such a great site go to waste by all of you HF members spamming to your '100 posts'.

Why You Shouldn't Spam:

There are so many reasons why you shouldn't spam this forum, the main being because it's pathetic (That's my own personal opinion). Well I'm going to tell you some reasons.
  • It can get you banned. Thus you don't even get the support feather, EVER
  • It stops the real, active users from being noticed. (We class them as spammers too. because of you spammers)

There are a lot more reasons, but those ones are probably the only one's that are going to effect you guys.

How To Avoid Being Banned:

Stay High quality, don't use stupid replies. I'm using this as an example:
http://www.supportforums.net/showthread....#pid227639

Read The Rules, that way you know what is and isn't allowed on this forum
Read The Rules Here

Also, don't forget at 10 HQ posts you're to PM Sam to be authorized before you can continue:
http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=24127

As long as you're High Quality and you stick to the rules, you should be fine around. I'd also appreciate it if once you've got the feather, that you would come back and stay HQ and become and active member.

If you don't believe me about the banning:
http://www.supportforums.net/bans.php

This post is made in the name of all of the best members that we've had on here, that have unfortunately left due to the spammers, let's try to make it so no more do. I've already seem some decent members lately thinking about leaving, which is such a shame. I hate to see all the great members that we once had on this forum, to just leave because of the spam problem. So I'd really appreciate it if you new members would follow this post and fight the spam!

[Image: no-spam-logo.jpg]
Amen to this.

You're not getting the award if you spam, end of story, stay HQ and you will easily get it.

But by spamming?

No way sister.
Chase your dreams, and if it doesn't work, dream a new dream. -Louis “Coach” Presutti
Very nice post.

But 90% of trolls won't read this.

Good tutorial/post, sticky?Big Grin
offtopic a bit, but I never knew we could view bans.php. Pretty nifty Smile
[Image: 2.png]
Thanks for taking the time too write this out, it really makes sense.
[Image: blazin.gif]
(09-03-2011, 09:30 AM)bateyy Wrote: Very nice post.

But 90% of trolls won't read this.

Trolls get banned anyway, so it's all good. Smile

(09-03-2011, 10:51 AM)alabama Wrote: Good tutorial/post, sticky?Big Grin
offtopic a bit, but I never knew we could view bans.php. Pretty nifty Smile

I doubt it'll get a sticky, but that would be cool if it did! Yeah, I found out we could view bans when my friend got banned after trolling Tongue

(09-03-2011, 12:45 PM)Blazin Wrote: Thanks for taking the time too write this out, it really makes sense.

You're welcome man, I just got pissed off with all these spammers, it was getting ridiculous, so this post was the outcome Big Grin
Very poorly worded and doesn't get the point across.

I appreciate the effort but if a member came here to spam this won't stop them.
Truthfully I actually believe that even if there was a thread like this spammers wouldn't have the time to read it, or they wouldn't take the time to read it. They would look at the title, and just say that "I Agree...."

You could write an in depth bible-length post that covers everything about the spamming that has been going on here, but ironically spammers wouldn't read it lol
(09-12-2011, 05:09 PM)Ace Wrote: Truthfully I actually believe that even if there was a thread like this spammers wouldn't have the time to read it, or they wouldn't take the time to read it. They would look at the title, and just say that "I Agree...."

Lmfao yes or some BS like "yes wow ty very much for this post on the forum im posting on it really inspired me."
(09-12-2011, 05:09 PM)Ace Wrote: Truthfully I actually believe that even if there was a thread like this spammers wouldn't have the time to read it, or they wouldn't take the time to read it. They would look at the title, and just say that "I Agree...."

You could write an in depth bible-length post that covers everything about the spamming that has been going on here, but ironically spammers wouldn't read it lol

Even if it effects one person, then that's one less spammer, right? I didn't expect it to solve the spamming problem, but at least reduce it by a minute amount.

I had some free time on my hands so I made this, I added in the "Spam = Ban = No support feather" because that's what they come for, so that should hopefully effect at least some of them.