Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burning Linux Mint to USB Drive.
I need to put Linux Mint onto my USB Drive so I can install it on my laptop. But I have no clue on how to do this, can someone help me out, please?

I'd appreciate it, a lot.
You don't "Burn" data to a USB, since it's replacable. That only happens with disks. Look into a program called "LiLi"
(09-01-2011, 11:28 AM)Ace Wrote: You don't "Burn" data to a USB, since it's replacable. That only happens with disks. Look into a program called "LiLi"

As I just said in my PM reply, I've just used LiLi and installed the Linux software to it, but how do I install it to my laptop now?
You don't install it to your laptop if you're trying to install it as a live boot on your USB. You boot from the USB.
(09-01-2011, 11:49 AM)Ace Wrote: You don't install it to your laptop if you're trying to install it as a live boot on your USB. You boot from the USB.

SO I can't actually install it as my main OS on my laptop? I want to format my laptop and install Linux to it, and I have no CDs.
Ohh... well then why are you using LiLi to install a live boot to your USB? lol

You can have it as your main system, I wouldn't call Linux an OS, as it's more of a kernel, but Solidus uses Linux on his computer as his main. I remember him saying that he completely swiped Windows off his drive, and now he's using Arch. (Which I don't recommend for you because Arch at this point for you would be too complicated.)

*Just talk to me in this thread, if someone else has something to add it will catch them up on the discussion and keep my PM inbox clear. I have to go in about 5 mins to go camping.
Okay that's fair enough Ace, so would you suggest waiting until I get a CD? If so I can dig out my XP disk until then.
No download a winxp ISO and burn it to a disk.
really easy just download and put on :C

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Linux Mint Sound Problem ZeroBit 0 766 01-11-2016, 09:51 AM
Last Post: ZeroBit
  Installing Linux Mint Debian- advice? iDiDiT 3 1,957 01-07-2012, 10:25 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Second Hard Drive. Baked 3 1,126 10-04-2011, 06:19 PM
Last Post: John.
  Help Bridging on Linux Mint 11 BreShiE 0 2,078 10-03-2011, 05:54 PM
Last Post: BreShiE
  Linux Mint Installation Problem BreShiE 21 6,652 08-18-2011, 07:13 PM