Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some Ideas
Whats up SF, I need some ideas on to code something. I just cant seem to come up with anything. I want it to be a challenge sort of. I feel im getting rusty with my skills so if anybody here has any ideas or wants to partner up and make a program post here or pm me.
~ Digital-Punk
Duplicate file finder by comparing file hashes of all files within a directory.

*-Add in recursive function to loop through all subdirectories within the directory (to a certain "depth" if needed; example - it will only open # of sub directories within the main search directory)

*-Compare by multiple file hashes?
Make a game, a simple one. That's online and multiple users that can connect.
[Image: 2.png]
@ Ace, could you explain more that sounds too complicated lol. What does it do?
@ alabama, I have never made a game before I think Im going to give it a shot and I will report back in a couple of days.
~ Digital-Punk
(08-31-2011, 06:32 PM)algorithm Wrote: @ Ace, could you explain more that sounds too complicated lol. What does it do?
@ alabama, I have never made a game before I think Im going to give it a shot and I will report back in a couple of days.

First, it compares file hashes, then it uses that comparison to check for file duplicates if it finds hashes that are the same between two or more files. Then you can provide an option to delete duplicates in some way, or just have it search for duplicates if you want.
Ohh I see what your saying now thats a good idea. I will give it a shot, thanks Ace!
~ Digital-Punk
I started on a project like this, I got it all laid out in a listview, but I had another idea for a project and just moved on past it. Now if I went back I would have to take a look at what I did so far and basically re-learn the way I got it to work lol. I got stuck with sorting each listview node before I stopped development on it.

If you need some ideas, it was a coding challenge on my forum. Take a look at this thread for what others did: http://techlifeforum.net/showthread.php?tid=606

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ideas for making some new programs? XDarkCoder 2 887 10-01-2012, 10:39 AM
Last Post: XDarkCoder
  a communication project-any ideas? TechieĀ© 0 1,028 07-09-2011, 10:36 AM
Last Post: TechieĀ©
  iHit v2.0 Release Ideas ? SouR'D 1 723 04-18-2010, 12:44 AM
Last Post: RaZoR03