Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American Cartoon vs. Japanese Anime
So what do you think.

My View :

I like anime more than cartoon.
I like Cartoon better then Anime. But i dont watch anything of them.
Most of the cartoons that air 2000 onward are pretty lame. I was born in 1993 though, so I'm mostly familiar with Spongebob, CatDog, Courage, Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Lab, etc.. which were all freakin' amazing.

Anime... I'm not a big fan of most anime. I simply can't stand most of it, and I can't stand a lot of the audience. The only anime I've ever enjoyed was Death Note.

EDIT: And Avatar: The Last Airbender
[Image: 3djdbar2notglowing.png]
Thing I dislike about Anime is how unoriginal the character designs are. Watching any anime to me feels like I'm back watching Pokemon or Beyblade, which I loved when I was a kid, however I feel I'm a little old for that kind of thing now.

So as much as I hate to say it, American cartoons.
I like watching both. The storylines within cartoons seen to be less recycled then the storylines within anime.
However if the anime has a decent story line then I prefer anime as I simply enjoy the art style more and cane take serious plots more seriously, if that makes sense?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any anime fans? NekoChan 33 5,255 04-30-2011, 01:37 AM
Last Post: mhao005
  Name your favorite 90's cartoon! Robbieava 16 3,297 05-24-2010, 05:38 PM
Last Post: caspur
  Non-Americans; do you have trouble understanding spoken American English? Elektrisk 35 8,994 12-08-2009, 08:06 PM
Last Post: Uhriventis