Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deaf or Blind if you had to choose?
I could never imagine what life must be like for those who are blind or deaf but if I had to choose, I would more than likely choose deafness over blindness. I have a lot of respect for those who are blind as they have to live their daily lives without being able to see, but only hear. Imagine how that must feel. Being deaf would also be bad, but at least you have the ability to look around and use your eyes to pick up your surroundings; blind people have to use their senses and their touch to ensure they don't end up in a predicament.

Both deafness and blindness are bad in their own ways, please don't take what I have said as saying one is worse than the other. I don't think I could ever have the courage that most people have who are blind or deaf. They're a true inspiration to me and I hope that one day a cure is found to give these people a chance at living a normal life like the rest of us.
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

I would have to go deaf, as much as I love my music there are more reasons to go deaf rather than blind. First and foremost; I'm scared of the dark Big Grin
I would rather be deaf than blind because I'd always like to see the faces of people I love.
(08-31-2011, 10:37 AM)Prominent Wrote: I would rather be deaf than blind because I'd always like to see the faces of people I love.

"Deaf"? lol it's "death" or "blind"

But I would rather be blind. Ever seen the movie Daredevil? Blind guys can still get the hot women lol.

Edit: Wow, why is everyone saying "Deaf"? The title says "Death or blind". Brian is it "Deaf" or "Death". You've got both in there between the title and your post.
I'd rather be deaf. I think that being blind has a bigger negative side than being deaf does. That's just me though.
(08-31-2011, 10:54 AM)Ace Wrote: "Deaf"? lol it's "death" or "blind"

But I would rather be blind. Ever seen the movie Daredevil? Blind guys can still get the hot women lol.

Edit: Wow, why is everyone saying "Deaf"? The title says "Death or blind". Brian is it "Deaf" or "Death". You've got both in there between the title and your post.

It is deaf. The two words have very different meanings. Deaf means you lack the ability to hear or have some form of deficiency. Death is where somebody dies, or has died.

[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

Deaf, cause then I can see the world, and people can still help me communicate, when your blind, people can't help you see.
(09-01-2011, 08:23 AM)Skill Wrote: It is deaf. The two words have very different meanings. Deaf means you lack the ability to hear or have some form of deficiency. Death is where somebody dies, or has died.

I understand that, but the thread title was changed, it used to be "Death or Blind" while his first post in the thread mentioned "Deaf"

So there was controversy between "Deaf" and "Death" before, but it looks like he changed it.

Look: (Last Edited)
Code:
Friday, August 26th, 2011, 04:47 PM (This post was last modified: Today 10:55 AM by Bяian ♪.)

"Today" for me is September 1st.
Blind beacuse that way you could hear who was comming if you were deaf you can here like if someone was behind you
(09-01-2011, 06:34 PM)яεη£gαⓓε Wrote: Blind beacuse that way you could hear who was comming if you were deaf you can here like if someone was behind you

And if you were deaf no one that would probably try to harm you would realize that to take advantage of it though. Whereas if you're just deaf at least you could see who it is to be able to react in the correct way. If you could hear someone coming, that doesn't matter, how do you know who it is if you're blind? Just something to think about for your banned account