Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My husband and his mum, are they normal?
(08-15-2011, 12:11 AM)Chocothunda Wrote: Then if that won't work. Pull her to the side one time and talk to her seriously about the 1 thing you both have in common; you both love your husband/her son.

I don't really have chance to talk to her in person. Her place is 3 hours driving distance from us. Once we go there, my husband , me and our daughter will go together. And once we get there, his mum is the only person can talk to him. Any body talk, she will talk over it. No point.

Sometime I just not bother to talk and hide in the small bedroom read my computer.
(08-15-2011, 01:19 AM)Christy™ Wrote: Well if you recently got married his mom might not approve of you yet. I would bring this up with your husband he will be able to talk to your mother in law.

We have been married for more than 7 years. Beside our marriage didn't need her approve.

In the last several years, she changed a lot as well. Things just getting worse of her. Possiblly also she's getting older. And she usually complains about her health problem, her mental problem a lot. She claim herself has depression. Most of time, my husband ring her, she will talk in a really dark/sad mood.
she is also probably just mad her son is married and she is just mad she isn't
(08-15-2011, 12:57 PM)Xplosion™ Wrote: she is also probably just mad her son is married and she is just mad she isn't

What leads you to believe she's not married?
(08-15-2011, 01:05 PM)Chocothunda Wrote: What leads you to believe she's not married?
she said in another post she has been divorced for like 25 years
(08-15-2011, 01:06 PM)Xplosion™ Wrote: she said in another post she has been divorced for like 25 years

Divorced about 20 years. My father-in-law asked divorced when the kids all grow up. She had to move out after divorced, and go to do some labour work to make living. Before divorce, she has been housewife for more than 25 years. Now she's retired and living by herself, with a cat. Very sad life I'm afraid to say.
(08-15-2011, 12:57 PM)Xplosion™ Wrote: she is also probably just mad her son is married and she is just mad she isn't

I don't think she really want to find another man.

As I said before, she is European, and now living in Australia. Basicly, she won't find anyone attractive to her. She won't look at Aussie guys as her same level.

Also as I said before post, she even doesn't like Chinese blood in her family. But she just didn't have a saying about the marriage between her son and me.

Every thing make her mad, and every thing connect to each other.
Just because they may not like you, doesn't mean that they are not "normal."
[Image: sighype.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Husband hates me wrongkindagal 1 669 09-02-2015, 09:13 PM
Last Post: OrdinarilyRandom
  Husband needs to cut the apron strings Annabelle 0 606 08-21-2015, 08:53 AM
Last Post: Annabelle
  My husband hates me wrongkindagal 5 1,164 04-30-2014, 07:10 AM
Last Post: wrongkindagal
  Am i normal or violent? WilliamPleasent 1 614 01-02-2014, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Notrust87