Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My fans stopped spinning....
First off here's my build:
[Image: jbQkRl7Bn.png]

I was using my computer the other day, it happened to be around 85 degrees in my room, when my 120mm fans suddenly stopped spinning. I messed with the speed control knob in the back and they came back on. Now they won't come one at all :/

I've verified that they are getting power from the PSU

Help???
Uh Oh! The terrorists stuck a bomb in there! Run!

On Topic:
I have no idea what to say /: Sorry! ):
[Image: sighype.gif]
Maybe the little engines burned? I don't know =/
I don't have same configuration but facing same problem..Sad
Man I Hope you get help But i think you need to take it to your Manufacturer.
They were spinning probably because your core temps got up too high. Changing the speed just puts more voltage through them, and that kind of stress after being worked so hard to cool your tower's internal temps down for your CPU probably burned the motor's out. Get a new fan and you're good.

Nothing you do to change your computers settings will fix a burned out fan, just get a new one, and next time open a window or something. If you got a better Processor then that would happen less often because your core temps would be significantly lower. A better processor can handle a lot more, and your fans wouldn't have to work so hard. You run Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit with 2GB Memory. That's fairly borderline, and if you had 64 bit that would be insufficient.
Hmm have to tried messing with the nobson the back again, try cleaning it could be the problem Smile
Try cleaning it like nickpooz said. If it is still not working, go and see an expert. Good luck. Thanks.

[Image: tumblr_l1q0cxbD0h1qzjz68o1_250.gif]

Do you know what your voltage ratings were getting up to at the time for the fan speeds? And what model of fans do you have?
they probably got too hot and stressed out and shot man :/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Afterglow Xbox360 controller stopped working JensenBreck 0 578 09-13-2017, 04:29 AM
Last Post: JensenBreck
  Toshiba action buttons stopped working Inventor 11 2,188 07-12-2011, 08:19 PM
Last Post: Inventor
  Where do I plug my computer fans into? PurpleHaze 10 1,832 10-09-2009, 12:12 PM
Last Post: MarkW7