Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Suggestions
I love this forum and i would like to suggest some small things that can make forum's look better Big Grin

Sorry for Grammar mistakes..;P

1.Theme-: Theme is nice but i think it would be great if it had some dark colors rather than Green. Because the cyan color text on Green theme + light Grey colour... Sad it hurts my eyes sometimes.

2. Userbars-: Don't you think guys we need some good looking userbars Big Grin
Current one looks little Dull type Sad

3.Stars: Star below User title are not shiny. they looks weird..and it would be great if we or Users in Groups can get some star's of some other colours.

4.buddy_Online Colour: It would be great if we can get Green color for Online members

it's just my personal opinion Please do not flame.
Don't try to act smart... i am smarter than you...Ninja
Thanks for the suggestions. I think all but the last one have already been suggested before and the general feeling was that they're fine the way they are.

The theme suits the genre of the forum, and keeps this place looking professional. The majority of members don't have problems with the colour scheme, and in fact most members actually really like it, (I know I do).

Again with the userbars, they're professional and fit the forum theme. No need to make them all fancy. This isn't a graphics forum. Same goes for the stars.

For the buddy_online colour, (I assume you mean the little man icon next to a users name?)..
I think that's a pretty good idea, however Omni is very busy and doesn't get much time to work on SF, so when he does do things here, they're generally quite important to the community. So although it is a good idea, I don't think it will be a high enough priority for it to be changed.
These are decent enough suggestions, but to be honest, the only problem I have with the colors is when someone posts words in red. That's the only time when my eyes begin to hurt because of the color.

I like the originality of the theme, I haven't seen it before. Also I think everything fits quite nicely.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, I was just sharing mine. Smile
(08-12-2011, 04:35 AM)Fragma Wrote: Thanks for the suggestions. I think all but the last one have already been suggested before and the general feeling was that they're fine the way they are.

The theme suits the genre of the forum, and keeps this place looking professional. The majority of members don't have problems with the colour scheme, and in fact most members actually really like it, (I know I do).

Again with the userbars, they're professional and fit the forum theme. No need to make them all fancy. This isn't a graphics forum. Same goes for the stars.

For the buddy_online colour, (I assume you mean the little man icon next to a users name?)..
I think that's a pretty good idea, however Omni is very busy and doesn't get much time to work on SF, so when he does do things here, they're generally quite important to the community. So although it is a good idea, I don't think it will be a high enough priority for it to be changed.

Sorry i forgot to check if they are already suggested in past or not.
and as i already said all these suggestion are based on my personal opinion Smile so i am not saying we need these changes priority wise.. but forum will look good and better if omni do some changes. Because it's now like a slave forum of HF not a standalone forum.. most peoples come here just to get SF award.

and yeah i am talking about the little man icon next to user's name.

Thanks for the reply bro Smile
Don't try to act smart... i am smarter than you...Ninja
Decent suggestions Tongue
(08-12-2011, 04:22 AM)Akinova™ Wrote: I love this forum and i would like to suggest some small things that can make forum's look better Big Grin

Sorry for Grammar mistakes..;P

1.Theme-: Theme is nice but i think it would be great if it had some dark colors rather than Green. Because the cyan color text on Green theme + light Grey colour... Sad it hurts my eyes sometimes.

2. Userbars-: Don't you think guys we need some good looking userbars Big Grin
Current one looks little Dull type Sad

3.Stars: Star below User title are not shiny. they looks weird..and it would be great if we or Users in Groups can get some star's of some other colours.

4.buddy_Online Colour: It would be great if we can get Green color for Online members

it's just my personal opinion Please do not flame.

1 - Theme; I think the theme matches support forums fairly well, I know many people like them including me. You know what they say don't fix what's not broken.

2 - User bars; They are professional and fit fairly well with support forums. The forum the is pretty laid back and basic no need to have dazzling user bars.

3 - Stars; I think the stars go with the theme I mean if Omni wanted to change them he could but it is not a big deal.

4 - Online buddy color; I think the color is a great idea!
It's not always about what looks good, and not every forum needs to have a dark theme, we usually get that suggestion here because of the mentality that all forums should be based off of HF. In this case, the idea of support is more reflected by the color green. Typically it's green for money but it has other meanings as well. Blue for professionalism.

The theme is a bit Web 2.0 stylish, but it's not too contrasted or too dark or too bright, so I find it quite easy to read if i'm online later on in the night and browsing the forum here.

Not all websites have to be "Flashy"

Green online members wouldn't be too bad, but that's pretty minor to me, if Omni has other things on the go i'm sure that won't be a priority for him. He's been mentioning new group creations for over a year or so now, and still hasn't gotten around to it so I doubt that he'll change one icon for this.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ideas and Suggestions to Better the Site Hуѕтєяιa X™ 14 3,047 12-18-2011, 02:21 PM
Last Post: ★Cooldude★
  My suggestions for Coding Support n00bikscube 3 1,072 11-28-2011, 08:17 PM
Last Post: ThisIsAThrow
  [SUGGESTIONS] Money Making Online, SF Marketplace, and Reputation Peter L 18 3,833 10-31-2011, 06:38 AM
Last Post: Peter L
  Too Many Suggestions. Jacob 1 673 05-07-2011, 05:58 PM
Last Post: Resistance
  Suggestions Deltron 5 1,661 03-22-2011, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Fragma