Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Best Anti-Virus?
IMO anti-virus is pretty worthless. If a file is FUD then it will bypass av anyway. I recommend using HiJackThis and Combo-Fix if you think you are infected. Also always run suspicious files in a virtual environment (like sandboxie).
I'm currently rocking ESET NOD32, runs realtime scans and blocks malicious images/links.

Best AV, In my opinion.
I use ESET smart security 4 (NOD32 with firewall and all the rest of protection) with Malwarebytes and SpyBot Search & Destroy. ESET for real-time protecton and Malwarebytes and SpyBot for scanning my PC every 15 days. They both can find some malicious software that the other couldn't find...;) I have been using this combo for 2 years and didn't have to reinstal my PC cuz it didn't lost almost any of it's speed from the day i reinstaled Win7 on him 2+ years ago.
Kaspersky

That's the best by far! It even scans every site for you, and if it detects a file with a virus on it, it'll prompt you with a message saying so and stop you from entering it.
I've had many AV softwares over time, and I'd have to say that Kaspersky is the best out there at the moment.
AVG, Avera, kaspersky, Norton, Quick Heal, Avast and many more are different antivirus. According to me, AVG is the best antivirus for laptops and computers. It detect all type of viruses that are detected from a file. It also detects the in coming viruses from internet and removes them. When ever any external file or software is installed, AVG first scans the complete disk and the allows access to it.

Deepak Kamani
In my opinion I find it to be Avast Anti Virus.
It's free, and very easy to use.
I haven't seen a virus yet that Avast hasn't gotten rid of.
I used avast in the past and it sucked but now its better. It use to be a hog but after the updates and etcs its the best to go.
[Image: signature___ati_radeon_by_kravicka-d2y2f1x.png]
Malware Bytes Pro no doubt. I used to code malware (I do rarely now, but I still encrypt) and the one thing that always was a tough work around was MalwareBytes. It can tell you when you are infected even if it doesn't scan the file because it should catch the outgoing connection.
I am using kaspersky you should try it too.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I think I have a virus Swaganomics 13 3,859 09-13-2011, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Swaganomics